West Rim Bus Tour with Helicopter and Boat Cruise
It’s a bit like a triathlon event of touring, but you don’t have to train to participate. You just have to be on time for pick-up from your Las Vegas hotel. As you board a modern motor coach, your adventure begins to unfold with a stop to photograph Hoover Dam from the vantage point of the impressive O’Callaghan-Tillman Bridge. Your photos will preserve the memory forever.
Your trip continues through the ever-changing desert landscape until you arrive at the entrance to Grand Canyon West and its forest of Joshua Trees. This Native American Tribal Park does not disappoint. It holds traditional dwellings and a Hualapai Market. You can tour replicas of Native American homes, watch traditional dances and cultural performances and experience the excitement of a gunfight!
The day’s activities continue when you climb on board a modern helicopter for the 4,000-foot descent onto the Grand Canyon floor. And the next event begins at the docks on the river as you board a pontoon boat for a trip along the smooth surface of the Colorado River. Looking up along the canyon walls, you’ll have to pinch yourself to believe it is real. After your 30-minute float trip, the helicopter awaits to whisk you back up to the rim.
Time for a complimentary lunch at your choice of local eateries is included in the price of the tour. Approximately 4 hours is allotted for your Canyon West visit, before the time arrives for the bus to take you back to your Las Vegas hotel.
- Las Vegas hotel pick-up
- Transportation by motor coach to Grand Canyon West
- Overlook views and photo opportunities
- Helicopter descent
- Boat cruise
- Visit Eagle and Guano Point
- Visit to Hualapai Ranch
- Brief stop at the Hoover Dam
What To Bring:
- Bring your I.D. - All passengers booked on a tour must have government issued forms of identification.
- Be sure to book your tour as early in your trip as possible.
- Water: You may bring a bottle of water, however the bottle is not allowed to be opened in the aircraft.
- Don’t forget your camera! Cameras and phones are allowed and encouraged, but please be aware that the use of "Selfie Sticks" and extending camera poles are strictly prohibited in and around the aircraft.
- Not sure what to wear? Layered clothing is recommended through the months of March to September, and winter clothing should be worn from October to mid-March.
- Wear sensible shoes. The ground at the Grand Canyon is rough, rocky and uneven. It is important to wear sturdy, toe-covering shoes that can handle rough terrain. Sneakers or hiking boots are highly recommended.
Approximately 12 hours, not including hotel transfers
Time spent at Grand Canyon
Approximately 3 hours
Guests are picked up from most major hotels in Las Vegas approximately 1-1.5 hours prior to departure.
Guests depart the bus depot and board an air-conditioned motor coach for an immediate departure for Grand Canyon West.
Joshua Tree Forest
Travel through a 900 year old Joshua tree forest.
Arrive Grand Canyon West
Guests transfer to the "Rim Shuttle System".
Descend 4,000 feet to the bottom of the Grand Canyon.
15-20 minute pontoon boat cruise on the Colorado River through the canyon.
Helicopter Return and Shuttle
Return to heliport and board shuttle for West Rim access.
Named for the eagle-like rock formation visible here, this point is the home of the Skywalk Bridge where guests are free to explore the Indian Cultural Village and the rim. *Lunch available at this stop.
Guano Point boasts a spectacular viewpoint that jets out into the canyon offering visitors a nearly 360 degree canyon view. *Lunch also available here.
Old western charm and gunslingers await in this re-creation of an old west cowboy town complete with all the characters you would expect. *Last opportunity for lunch.
Return to Las Vegas with a stop at Hoover Dam
Before returning to Las Vegas there is a brief stop on the O'Callaghan bypass bridge overlooking the famous Hoover Dam.
Book Your Tour
Full Adult Retail Price: $<% adultRetail %>
Product Code: BLW-5