Grand Canyon Explorer and Eldorado Adventure
Begin your desert adventure with a helicopter ride over the spectacular Hoover Dam and the beautiful Lake Mead. Prepare yourself to be wowed by the natural beauty of the Grand Canyon as your helicopter tour continues through the West Rim of the Grand Canyon. Fly by Guano Point and Eagle Point, which is the home of the marvelous Skywalk Glass Bridge. Enjoy the vistas that only an aerial perspective can provide. At the end of your helicopter tour, you will land at Eldorado Canyon where you will be treated to a Champagne lunch and a bit of time to reflect on your aerial tour. The next stage of the tour is a guided adventure into the Techatticup Gold Mine, where you will walk the paths and tunnels that the miners used. If you are lucky, you might catch a glimpse of Jim Jones ghost. The remainder of the tour puts you in touch with the natural beauty of Eldorado Canyon as you enjoy a guided 2-hour outdoor adventure on your choice of ATV or Baja Jeep.
Eldorado Outdoor Excursion:
ATV – Experience the exhilaration of riding an ATV through the desert landscape of Eldorado Canyon and enjoy getting up-close-and-personal with its rugged natural beauty. Boots or sturdy shoes are required (no open-toed shoes, sandals, high heels or flip-flops are permitted). ATV riders must be a minimum of 16 years of age with a valid driver’s license. One person is permitted per ATV.
Baja Jeep – Board your customized Baja Jeep driven by a trained guide and strap yourself in for an off-roading excursion through Eldorado Canyon’s scenic overlooks historic mine shafts. This option is best for visitors seeking adventure with minimal physical demands. Riders in the Baja Jeep must be 6 years old or older.
All participants under 18 years of age must have a parent/guardian present and must complete a Participant Agreement/Acknowledgement of Risk Form.
- Air tour over the Grand Canyon with views of the Skywalk
- Guided tour of the historic Techatticup Gold Mine & Mill Site
- Guided desert outdoor excursion via your choice of ATV or Baja Jeep
- Champagne picnic lunch
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
What To Bring:
- Bring your I.D. - All passengers booked on a tour must have government issued forms of identification
- Be sure to book your tour as early in your trip as possible
- Water: You may bring a bottle of water, however the bottle is not allowed to be opened in aircraft
- Don’t forget your camera! Cameras and phones are allowed and encouraged, but please be aware that the use of "Selfie Sticks" and extending camera poles is strictly prohibited in and around the aircraft
- Not sure what to wear? Layered clothing is recommended through the months of March to September, and winter clothing should be worn from October to mid-March"
- Wear sensible shoes. The ground at the Grand Canyon is rough, rocky and uneven. It is important to wear sturdy, toe-covering shoes that can handle rough terrain. Sneakers or hiking boots are highly recommended
Approximately 8 hours hotel to hotel
Time spent at Eldorado Canyon
3 - 3.5 hours
Guests are picked up from most major Las Vegas hotels for transfer to our beautiful Boulder City terminal
Helicopter Flight Check-In
Please make sure you bring government issued photo identification
Choreographed music provides an audio backdrop to the historic landmarks and scenic desert beauty that passes beneath you. See sights such as Hoover Dam, Black Canyon, Lake Mead, and Fortification Hill, an extinct volcano located in the Lake Mead National Recreational area. Upon entering the West Rim of the Grand Canyon, soar over Hualapai Land as you pass by the Skywalk Glass Bridge (the highest man-made structure in the world), and Guano and Eagle Points. Witness firsthand the geological history of rock formations within the West Rims canyon walls and the beautiful view of the amazing Colorado River as it flows along the canyon floor.
Gold Mine Tour
This tour consists of a walking tour of the old Techatticup Mill Site, where the ore was brought out of the mine to the stamp mill, crushed to a powder and mixed in cyanide tanks where the gold & silver were separated. Proceed into the "Savage Mine" nearly 500 feet where you will view up and down slopes and actually see the veins they chased. The air temperature of the mine is a cool comfortable 70 degrees year round. As you venture deeper into this rumored haunted gold mine, you will visit 3 different shafts, one of which drops down over 900 feet. Learn how the hardiest of men labored feverishly looking for gold! These men chiseled their way through the mountain side inch by inch, working by candlelight with the most primitive of tools.
Experience the massive western open sky, the Colorado River, and views of the mountain ranges leading to the Grand Canyon from our private trail head viewpoint. Here, you will embark on your previously chosen ground excursion featuring either ATV or Jeep. Each ground excursion is approximately two hours.
Picnic box lunch with Champagne. Note: Vegetarian lunch is available with 48 hour notice
Return to Hotel
Guests are returned via van or motor coach from Eldorado Canyon
Book Your Tour
Full Adult Retail Price: $<% adultRetail %>
Product Code: PBWE