Native Explorer Tour with Legacy
Customer's Discretion Prices From:
Departure: Grand Canyon West Rim
Destination: Grand Canyon West Rim
Airplane | Bus
Planning to visit Grand Canyon West? In addition to the stunning vistas along the West Rim, you can also experience an unforgettable flight over the canyon’s extraordinary landmarks with Papillon's Native Explorer Tour with Legacy. This aerial tour departs from the Grand Canyon West air terminal just a short distance from the rim. Once airborne, you’ll enjoy breathtaking views from above Eagle Point - including the world-famous Skywalk glass bridge, Guano Point, and other fantastic natural formations within Grand Canyon West. In-flight headset narration will provide interesting facts and the history of the Grand Canyon throughout the duration of your tour.
After landing back at to the terminal, your West Rim adventure continues aboard an air-conditioned motorcoach for a self-guided ground tour of Grand Canyon West. Your first stop is to Hualapai Ranch, a Wild West cowboy town complete with Old West gunfights and lasso lessons. Journey to Eagle Point and marvel at the enormous eagle-shaped rock formation. See Native American dwellings from several tribes and enjoy cultural music and dancing at this location, as well. From there, you’ll proceed to Guano Point for 360-degree views of the massive stone walls of the West Rim. Return to the terminal having explored the Grand Canyon by air and by ground, a truly once-in-a-lifetime experience!
- Scenic flight with aerial views of Grand Canyon West and the Colorado River
- Climate-controlled cabin
- High wings providing clear panoramic views
- In-flight tour narration
- Self-guided tour of multiple lookout points along the rim of the canyon
What To Bring:
- Bring your I.D. - All passengers booked on a tour must have government issued forms of identification.
- Be sure to book your tour as early in your trip as possible.
- Water: You may bring a bottle of water, however the bottle is not allowed to be opened in the aircraft.
- Don’t forget your camera! Cameras and phones are allowed and encouraged, but please be aware that the use of "Selfie Sticks" and extending camera poles are strictly prohibited in and around the aircraft.
- Not sure what to wear? Layered clothing is recommended through the months of March to September, and winter clothing should be worn from October to mid-March.
- Wear sensible shoes. The ground at the Grand Canyon is rough, rocky and uneven. It is important to wear sturdy, toe-covering shoes that can handle rough terrain. Sneakers or hiking boots are highly recommended.
Approximately 20 minutes of scenic flight time of the Grand Canyon
Time spent at the Canyon
Explore the West Rim on a self-guided tour before beginning your air tour.
Drive to the terminal
Drive to our air terminal located in the Grand Canyon West Airport vicinity.
Check in at the air terminal 30 minutes prior to flight. You will receive passes to enter the park and visit stops along the rim after the flight.
Depart on an exciting airplane tour and witness amazing views of the Grand Canyon's most famous points by air. Views include Eagle Point, Guano Point, the Colorado River, and other areas of the Grand Canyon West.
Return to the terminal
Return to the terminal and climb aboard a free shuttle to continue the rim portion of the tour.
The first stop of your self-guided rim tour is an Old Western town featuring reenactments of cowboy quickdraw duels. Learn how to speed draw or lasso rope like a true cowboy!
This lookout offers views of the massive eagle-like rock formation, cultural dances, and a small village that showcases traditional Native American dwellings.
Proceed to Guano Point for an incredible 360-degree view of the canyon walls.
Return to the Grand Canyon West Terminal
After a fantastic day of sightseeing, your motorcoach driver will return you to the air terminal.
- If assistance is required in boarding and disembarking, passengers must provide companion or attendant to do so.
- Passenger must be able to use helicopter seat.
- Only collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be stowed onboard due to space limitations.
- Guests will be notified at time of check-in if space limitations will prevent their accessibility equipment from being brought onboard.
- This is an air-only tour. Should your equipment need to be left at the terminal, it will be stored safely and waiting for you upon landing.
- Guests must reach our West Rim air terminal 45 minutes before their flight time.
Please call Reservations If you are booking this tour for accessibility purposes
Book Your Tour
Full Adult Retail Price: $<% adultRetail %>
Product Code: SWW-1L