Papillon's Unique History
- Fleet: 48
- Employees: 600+
- Established: 1965
- Corporate Sales and Marketing: Las Vegas, NV
- Corporate Accounting: Boulder City, NV
- Models: Bell 206L, 206B, Bell 407, A-Star 350B BA B2, MD900, EC130, deHavilland Twin Otter
- Utility and Contract Division supports: Grand Canyon National Park, U.S. Forest Service, Department of Defense, Bureau of Land Management, Arizona Game and Fish, Tucson Electric Power, Bar 10 Ranch
- Airport Locations: McCarran Intl(LAS), Grand Canyon National Park Airport (GCN), Boulder City Airport (61B), Grand Canyon West Airport(1G4), Page Muni (PGA)
Since 1965 Papillon Helicopters has been the world's oldest and largest sightseeing company flying an estimated 600,000 passengers a year on its daily tours to the Grand Canyon. With over forty unique excursions – that feature spectacular sights of the Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, Monument Valley, Page/Lake Powell, and unforgettable views of the Grand Canyon – we at Papillon are proud to offer our guests an unparalleled perspective of one of the world's greatest natural wonders.
Our aircraft are specifically designed for sightseeing with some on-board upgrades developed and patented by Papillon itself. All offer pre-recorded narratives in 11 languages (12 including English) for passengers. Our catalog of tours and activities which extend beyond the rotor and wing to include guided tours on horseback, hiking, picnics, river rafting, ensure travelers a variety of options and an up close and personal experience they'll carry with them long after they leave.
As member in good standing of The Tour Operators Program of Safety (TOPS), Papillon abides by flight safety rules and regulations that substantially exceed the regulations required by the Federal Aviation Administration. Additionally, the program infuses the safety mindset into the very culture of our company.