Over the Edge
30 - 40 minutes Prices From:
Departure: Grand Canyon West Rim
Destination: Grand Canyon West Rim
Helicopter | Land at the Bottom | Stand on the Edge | Meal
This exciting helicopter adventure will give you a variety of the scenic views Grand Canyon West can offer. As your helicopter descends a breathtaking 4,000 feet to the canyon floor, take in the magnificent beauty of the canyon walls surrounding you. On the bank beside the Colorado River, one can witness first hand the geological history of the rock formations within the Canyon walls. Spend 15 - 20 minutes to capture photos of the canyon from this perspective.
Leave the canyon floor as you ascend with the helicopter and view the canyon walls rise before you. The Legacy Ticket gives passengers permission to enter Hualapai lands and access to Grand Canyon West Express (the motor coach ride to the viewing points of Eagle and Guano point).
Other options to add to your tour are a meal and/or skywalk passes.
- Helicopter Flight
- Land on the Bottom of the Canyon
- Visit Eagle and Guano Points
- West Rim entrance fee included
- Optional: Meal voucher and/or Skywalk passes
What To Bring:
- Bring your I.D. - All passengers booked on a tour must have government issued forms of identification.
- Be sure to book your tour as early in your trip as possible.
- Water: You may bring a bottle of water, however the bottle is not allowed to be opened in the aircraft.
- Don’t forget your camera! Cameras and phones are allowed and encouraged, but please be aware that the use of "Selfie Sticks" and extending camera poles are strictly prohibited in and around the aircraft.
- Not sure what to wear? Layered clothing is recommended through the months of March to September, and winter clothing should be worn from October to mid-March.
- Wear sensible shoes. The ground at the Grand Canyon is rough, rocky and uneven. It is important to wear sturdy, toe-covering shoes that can handle rough terrain. Sneakers or hiking boots are highly recommended.
From the Papillon terminal and back is approximately 30 - 40 minutes, with 15 - 20 minutes of exploration of the canyon floor
Time spent at the Canyon
Approximately 20 minutes
Approximately 10 - 15 minutes
Drive to Papillon Terminal
Self Drive - please come to our Papillon Terminal located at 5001 Buck and Doe Road, Grand Canyon West, Arizona (no zip available). There is plenty of complimentary parking at our terminal.
Check-in at our Papillon Terminal 30 minutes prior to flight. Receive Legacy ticket after check-in. If the meal option and/or Skywalk was purchased, they will be received at this time as well.
Flight and Canyon Landing
Depart on this exciting helicopter tour and enjoy a breathtaking descent 4,000 feet into the canyon and land right along the Colorado River. Witness the unfolding canyon landscape and legendary beauty that surrounds you.
Return to Rim
Return to the Papillon Terminal with photos and memories to last a lifetime! From there, you may take a motor coach to Eagle Point and Guano point at your leisure.
Bus Ride Tour
Board an air-conditioned motor coach for your self guided tour of the Grand Canyon West
First stop at Eagle Point where you will enjoy the views of the eagle-like rock formation and Grand Canyon. If the meal option is purchased, meal vouchers are redeemable at Eagle Point or Guano Point. Individual vegetarian meals may not be available.
Proceed to Guano Point for more scenic views of the Grand Canyon
If meal and/or skywalk passes were puchased, the meal voucher can be used at any of the stops. Skywalk passes for the glass bridge experience are used at Eagle Point.
Return to Grand Canyon West terminal
After a fantastic day of sightseeing, your motor coach driver will return you to the to the terminal to conclude your tour