Over the Edge Helicopter and Boat
The Grand Canyon West offers some of the most exciting options for exploring and sightseeing. This is the only region of the park where tours can reach the canyon floor easily and without any hiking or climbing. Let Papillon take you a mile below the rim of these ancient stone walls on the sightseeing adventure of a lifetime! First you'll experience a thrilling helicopter tour descent to the bottom of the canyon. Upon landing, you'll enjoy a short and scenic walk to the bank of the Colorado River, where a pontoon boat awaits to begin the second adventure of the tour. This peaceful cruise offers sights of the mile-high canyon walls rising on either side of you. You'll return to the surface by helicopter for continued touring on foot. This top-to-bottom Grand Canyon West tour truly is a sightseeing opportunity unlike any other!
- Grand Canyon's West Rim
- Helicopter shuttle to the bottom of the canyon
- Legacy Entrance Passes
- Pontoon boat cruise on the Colorado River
- Guano & Eagle Point overlooks
What To Bring:
- Bring your I.D. - All passengers booked on a tour must have government issued forms of identification.
- Be sure to book your tour as early in your trip as possible.
- Water: You may bring a bottle of water, however the bottle is not allowed to be opened in the aircraft.
- Don’t forget your camera! Cameras and phones are allowed and encouraged, but please be aware that the use of "Selfie Sticks" and extending camera poles are strictly prohibited in and around the aircraft.
- Not sure what to wear? Layered clothing is recommended through the months of March to September, and winter clothing should be worn from October to mid-March.
- Wear sensible shoes. The ground at the Grand Canyon is rough, rocky and uneven. It is important to wear sturdy, toe-covering shoes that can handle rough terrain. Sneakers or hiking boots are highly recommended.
Approximately 5 - 7 minutes each way
Pontoon Boat Duration
Approximately 15 - 20 minutes
Time spent at Grand Canyon
At the customer's discretion
Arrive Grand Canyon West and check in for the helicopter flight to the bottom of the canyon
Fly 4,000 feet to the canyon bottom
Colorado River Cruise
Cruise up the Colorado River on a pontoon boat and float back
Fly back to the terminal and transfer to the rim shuttle service
Enjoy live entertainment and activities in an old Western town setting
Visit Eagle Point and Guano Point. Both points offer spectacular views of the canyon
Return to the terminal with photos and memories to last a lifetime.
Book Your Tour
Full Adult Retail Price: $<% adultRetail %>
Product Code: PWW-5L