Hoover Dam Deluxe Bus and Helicopter Tour
Experience Hoover Dam from two dramatic yet different perspectives: down in its depths to up in the air! Your experience begins with shuttle service from your Las Vegas Strip or Downtown Las Vegas hotel to our bus depot. After a brief pre-tour orientation, you’ll board your deluxe touring motor coach for historic Boulder City and Hoover Dam.
Along the way, your driver/guide will point out scenic and cultural highlights. Upon arrival at Hoover Dam, a representative of the Bureau of Reclamation will accompany you on your V.I.P. Discovery tour that covers the lower level of the dam.
Walking across the top of the dam, you can truly be in two places at once, simultaneously standing in Arizona and Nevada. Down in the Generator Room, you’ll appreciate that the design of this stately structure was truly ahead of its time, not only mechanically, but aesthetically. A monument to ingenuity, perseverance and bravery, the construction of Hoover Dam brought thousands of families to this arid and sometimes hostile part of the U.S. in hopes of escaping the economic hardship of the Great Depression. You’ll see and hear their stories in the movie room, with a short informative video presentation. You’ll also have some unstructured time to explore the Visitor’s Center and shop for souvenirs of your tour.
Next it’s on to the Papillon heliport where you’ll board a state of the art touring helicopter to enjoy a bird’s eye view of Hoover Dam. Here your appreciation for the magnitude and majesty of the dam will come full circle. The approximate flight time is 6 minutes round-trip with narration. When your flight is complete, you will be taken to the Hoover Dam Lodge to enjoy a meal before being transported back to your Las Vegas hotel.
- VIP Interior tour of Hoover Dam
- Access to Visitor's Center, exhibit area, museum and the "Construction of the Hoover Dam" movie
- Amazing aerial views of Hoover Dam, the Colorado River and Lake Mead
- Complimentary hotel transfers
- Meal included
What To Bring:
- Bring your I.D. - All passengers booked on a tour must have government issued forms of identification
- Be sure to book your tour as early in your trip as possible
- Water: You may bring a bottle of water, however the bottle is not allowed to be opened in aircraft
- Don’t forget your camera! Cameras and phones are allowed and encouraged, but please be aware that the use of "Selfie Sticks" and extending camera poles is strictly prohibited in and around the aircraft
- Not sure what to wear? Layered clothing is recommended through the months of March to September, and winter clothing should be worn from October to mid-March"
- Wear sensible shoes. The ground at the Grand Canyon is rough, rocky and uneven. It is important to wear sturdy, toe-covering shoes that can handle rough terrain. Sneakers or hiking boots are highly recommended
Approximately 6 - 6.5 hours, including hotel transfers
Time spent at Hoover Dam
Approximately 1.5 hours
Approximately 6 minutes
Guests are picked up from most major hotels in Las Vegas and taken to check in at the bus depot.
Departure for Hoover Dam
Guests board a motor coach and depart for Hoover Dam.
Hoover Dam Interior Tour
VIP interior tour of the lower level showing the inner workings of the dam and providing history of its construction.
Time to explore the Visitor Center and upper levels. Total time at Hoover Dam is about 1.5 hours
After the Hoover Dam experience, guests are taken to the heliport for aerial views of Hoover Dam by helicopter. This 6-minute flight also includes views of the Colorado River and Lake Mead.
Guests will enjoy a meal at the Hoover Dam Lodge after their helicopter tour.
Guests are returned to the heliport and transferred back to their Las Vegas hotel by shuttle.
Book Your Tour
Full Adult Retail Price: $<% adultRetail %>
Product Code: BLD-2HM