Over the Edge Helicopter and Boat
Tour Time Varies Prices From:
Departure: Grand Canyon West Rim
Destination: Grand Canyon West Rim
Helicopter | Bus | Land at the Bottom | Meal | Water | Adventure Tour
The West Rim offers some of the most exciting options for exploring and sightseeing at the Grand Canyon. This is the only region of the park that allows easy access to the canyon floor. To reach the bottom otherwise requires days of rigorous hiking and climbing. Papillon's Over the Edge with Legacy helicopter tour flies you over the rim's edge and down a mile below the rim of these ancient stone walls. Upon landing on the canyon floor, you'll enjoy a short and scenic walk to the bank of Colorado River where a pontoon boat awaits. This peaceful cruise offers sights of the mile-high canyon walls rising on either side of you. Afterwards, you'll return to the rim's surface by helicopter and continue touring the viewpoints on foot. This top-to-bottom Grand Canyon West tour truly is a sightseeing opportunity unlike any other!
- Grand Canyon West Rim
- Helicopter descent to canyon floor
- Legacy entrance passes
- Pontoon boat cruise on the Colorado River
- Scenic overlooks at Guano Point and Eagle Point
What To Bring:
- Bring your I.D. - All passengers booked on a tour must have government issued forms of identification.
- Be sure to book your tour as early in your trip as possible.
- Water: You may bring a bottle of water, however the bottle is not allowed to be opened in the aircraft.
- Don’t forget your camera! Cameras and phones are allowed and encouraged, but please be aware that the use of "Selfie Sticks" and extending camera poles are strictly prohibited in and around the aircraft.
- Not sure what to wear? Layered clothing is recommended through the months of March to September, and winter clothing should be worn from October to mid-March.
- Wear sensible shoes. The ground at the Grand Canyon is rough, rocky and uneven. It is important to wear sturdy, toe-covering shoes that can handle rough terrain. Sneakers or hiking boots are highly recommended.
Approximately 5-7 minutes each way
Pontoon Boat Duration
Approximately 15-20 minutes
Time spent at Grand Canyon
At the customer's discretion
Arrive at Grand Canyon West and check in for the helicopter flight to the bottom of the canyon.
Fly 4,000 feet down to the canyon floor.
Colorado River Cruise
Cruise up the Colorado River on a pontoon boat and float back.
Helicopter flight back to the terminal and transfer to the rim shuttle service
Enjoy live entertainment and cowboy-themed activities in an old Western town setting.
Visit Eagle Point and Guano Point. Both areas offer spectacular views of the canyon.
Return to the terminal with photos and memories to last a lifetime.
Book Your Tour
Full Adult Retail Price: $<% adultRetail %>
Product Code: PWW-5L