Highlights Over Grand Canyon Air Tour
Reach the Grand Canyon West Rim from Boulder City in about 30 minutes aboard a Papillon sightseeing airplane. This adventure is the perfect way to get the family out of the city, over the Grand Canyon, and back without spending your entire day or budget. You’ll take in aerial views of Hoover Dam, the Colorado River, Lake Mead, the Mojave Desert, and more along the way. This tour is a great way to experience the American Southwest!
- Departing From: Las Vegas
- Destination: Grand Canyon West
- Duration: Approximately 4 hours from hotel pick-up to hotel drop-off
- Product Code: gbw-1
Depart Las Vegas on a sightseeing airplane and discover the unique beauty and contours of the Grand Canyon West Rim. Take in incredible views aboard your modified sightseeing aircraft. Equipped with high wings, large windows, and multilingual tour narration, you can capture amazing photos and videos while learning about the region's rich history. Once you reach the magnificent Grand Canyon West Rim, you'll soar above formations such as Guano Point and Eagle Point, where you can catch a glimpse of the world-famous Grand Canyon Skywalk Bridge from the air.
- Amazing aerial views of the Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, and Grand Canyon West.
- High Wing Vistaliner Aircraft with panoramic windows, ensuring every seat has unobstructed views - perfect for sightseeing and photography. Cessna Caravans offer comfort, optimal viewing, and a quiet ride.
- Airplane Tour
- Hotel-to-hotel transportation from most major hotels in Downtown Las Vegas and on the Strip
- Multilingual narration
- Tour Duration: Approximately 4 hours hotel-to-hotel
- Flight Duration: Approximately 70 minutes
- Hotel Transfer: Pick-up from most hotels on the Las Vegas Strip and Downtown area is approximately 60 minutes before flight departure (times are based on hotel location, time of day, and traffic conditions).
What to Bring
- Bring your I.D. - All passengers 18 years or oldere must have government-issued forms of identification.
- Be sure to book your tour as early in your trip as possible.
- Water: You may bring a bottle of water, however the bottle is not allowed to be opened in the aircraft.
- Don’t forget your camera! Cameras and phones are allowed and encouraged, but please be aware that the use of “Selfie Sticks” and extending camera poles are strictly prohibited in and around the aircraft.
- Not sure what to wear? Layered clothing is recommended through the months of March to September, and winter clothing should be worn from October to mid-March.
- Wear sensible shoes. The ground at the location you are visiting is rough, rocky, and uneven. It is important to wear sturdy, toe-covering shoes that can handle rough terrain. Sneakers or hiking boots are highly recommended.
Highlights Over Grand Canyon Air Tour FAQs
- How long are the Highlights over the Grand Canyon Air Tour flight duration and the entire tour?
The roundtrip flight to Grand Canyon West Rim from the Las Vegas area takes approximately 70 minutes. The tour duration, hotel-to-hotel, is about 4 hours.
- What types of aircraft are used on Papillon’s Grand Canyon tour aircraft flights?
Papillon uses the De Havilland Twin Otter Vistaliner, one of the best aircraft in the world for sightseeing! Our specially-designed Twin Otters feature comfortable cabins that offer passengers the best opportunities for photographing the unbelievable panoramic views below. The high-set wings also ensure that every seat has an unobstructed view. We also fly the Cessna Caravan, which offers comfort, optimal viewing, and a quiet ride for guests traveling to the Grand Canyon. Every seat on the Cessna Caravan is a window seat for the ultimate sightseeing opportunity.
- What are the narrated languages on the Highlights Over Grand Canyon Air Tour flight?
The Highlights Over Grand Canyon Air Tour flight narrations are offered in English, Chinese - Mandarin & Cantonese, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, and Russian.