Grand Canyon South Rim Bus Tour
Our Grand Canyon South Rim bus tour from Las Vegas is a relaxing road trip that takes passengers through the magnificent southwestern desert scenery to the Grand Canyon South Rim and back.
South Rim Bus Tour from Las Vegas Details
Hop on a South Rim bus tour from Las Vegas for a trek across the stunning Southwestern desert. While aboard an air-conditioned luxury motorcoach, catch sights of the Mojave Desert, Grand Canyon Village, and all the Grand Canyon National Park’s most renowned lookout points.
Before reaching the National Park, passengers will also visit the National Geographic Visitor Center, which houses plentiful educational exhibits. After reaching the South Rim, enjoy a walk along its edge and marvel at the immensity of the canyon floor below. Additional stops at Mather Point and Bright Angel Point offer even more awe-inspiring views. After a long day of exploring, your Las Vegas bus tour will make the journey back to the city.
Features of our Grand Canyon South Rim Bus Tour
- Stunning views of the Hoover Dam, Mike O'Callaghan–Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge and Colorado River before traveling across the Mojave Desert en route to the Grand Canyon South Rim from Las Vegas.
- Stretch your legs in Kingman, Arizona.
- Drive along the historic Route 66, also known as the Main Street of America or the Mother Road.
- Catch a breathtaking view of the Grand Canyon at the National Park's most notable viewpoints, Mather Point and Bright Angel Point.
- Exploration time at the National Geographic Visitor Center, Grand Canyon Village, and Bright Angel Lodge.
Included on Your South Rim Bus Tour from Las Vegas
- Complimentary hotel pick-up from a select number of major hotels in Downtown Las Vegas and on the Strip.
- Deluxe motorcoach complete with windows for sightseeing and air conditioning.
- Audio narration
- Enjoy a light lunch at the National Geographic Center Food Court.
Upgrades to Your Grand Canyon Tour
- Experience the Grand Canyon South Rim from a bird's-eye view. Soar over the national park in one of Papillon's state-of-the-art sightseeing helicopter tours of the Grand Canyon.
- Add a little extra excitement to your South Rim journey with a Grand Canyon Hummer adventure tour.
- On a time crunch? Shave off a few hours from your trip by flying to the Grand Canyon South Rim instead. Plus, what better way to see the spectacular South Rim than aboard a Papillon airplane tour.
Planning Your Grand Canyon Coach Tour
- Tour Duration: Approximately 14 hours, not including hotel transfers
- Drive Time: Approximately 5 - 5.5 hours each way
- Time Spent at Grand Canyon: Approximately 3.5 hours
- Hotel Pick-up: Guests are picked up from hotels in Las Vegas approximately 1 - 1.5 hours prior to departure
What to Bring on Your Grand Canyon South Rim Bus Tour
- Bring your I.D. - All passengers booked on a Grand Canyon tour must have government-issued forms of identification.
- Be sure to book your tour as early in your trip as possible.
- Bring a bottle of water. Staying hydrated during your day tour of the Southwestern desert is essential.
- Don't forget your camera! Cameras and phones are allowed and encouraged on our bus tours. If you are upgrading to include a helicopter ride during your trip, please be aware that the use of “Selfie Sticks” and extending camera poles are strictly prohibited in and around the aircraft.
- Not sure what to wear? Layered clothing is recommended through the months of March to September. Winter clothing should be worn from October to mid-March.
- Wear sensible shoes. The ground at the location you are visiting is rough, rocky, and uneven. It is important to wear sturdy, toe-covering shoes that can handle rough terrain. Sneakers or hiking boots are highly recommended
You are important to us and our friendly agents are here to help. Reach out and let us know what you are looking for and we can customize an experience just for you!