Papillon Grand Celebration Tour Sunset Flight
On this remarkable trip, land at the bottom of the Grand Canyon and fly back to the Las Vegas area at sunset across the valley. Papillon’s Grand Celebration Sunset tour is a sightseeing experience unlike any other.
This tour includes a 3,200-foot descent onto a remote plateau of the Grand Canyon’s floor, champagne and a light picnic overlooking the Colorado River, and a scenic sunset return flight to the Boulder City Terminal.
- Departing From: Las Vegas
- Destination: Grand Canyon West
- Duration: Approx. 4-4½ hours from hotel pick-up to hotel drop-off
- Product Code: pbw-4s
This Grand Canyon flight from the Las Vegas area to the bottom of the Grand Canyon is the most popular Grand Canyon helicopter tour available. It is even more magical with the hues of pink and orange across the sky with the sunset return flight.
Aboard Papillon Grand Celebration Sunset Flight, you’ll fly over the Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, Colorado River, Mojave Desert, and more before reaching Grand Canyon West Rim. Once there, you’ll land at a magnificent vantage point above the Colorado River. Papillion has a light picnic and champagne toast for guests under an authentic Native American ramada.
Before returning to Las Vegas for a beautiful sunset flight, you’ll have about 30 minutes on the bottom of the Grand Canyon to explore rugged rock formations, unusual desert plants, and the Colorado River.
Enjoy the majestic sunset views of Grand Canyon West and the Mojave Desert on the way back.
- Flight over Hoover Dam and Lake Mead with breathtaking views of Grand Canyon West
- Breathtaking aerial views of Grand Canyon West lookouts like Guano Point and Eagle Point
- Canyon landing 3,200 feet below the rim
- Sunset Return Flight
- Champagne and refreshments on the canyon floor with exploration time
- Landing on Canyon Floor
- Hotel-to-hotel transportation from most major hotels in Downtown Las Vegas and on the Strip
- Multilingual narration
- Tour Duration: Approximately 4 - 4 1/2 hours hotel-to-hotel
- Flight Duration: Approximately 70 minutes
- Hotel Transfer: Pick-up from most hotels on the Las Vegas Strip and Downtown area is approximately 60 minutes before flight departure (times are based on hotel location, time of day, and traffic conditions).
What to Bring
- Bring your I.D. - All passengers 18 years or older must have government-issued forms of identification.
- Be sure to book your tour as early in your trip as possible.
- Water: You may bring a bottle of water, however the bottle is not allowed to be opened in the aircraft.
- Don’t forget your camera! Cameras and phones are allowed and encouraged, but please be aware that the use of “Selfie Sticks” and extending camera poles are strictly prohibited in and around the aircraft.
- Not sure what to wear? Layered clothing is recommended through the months of March to September, and winter clothing should be worn from October to mid-March.
- Wear sensible shoes. The ground at the location you are visiting is rough, rocky, and uneven. It is important to wear sturdy, toe-covering shoes that can handle rough terrain. Sneakers or hiking boots are highly recommended.
Optional Grand Celebration Tour Sunset Upgrades
* Upgrade options are available for selection during checkout
Make Your Aircraft Private
Book your private helicopter to fly over the Grand Canyon. Each aircraft seats up to 6 passengers. Guests will marvel at the Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, the surrounding desert, and the majesty and mystery of the Grand Canyon's West Rim. It's all yours to enjoy from the comfort of the Airbus ECO-Star EC-130 helicopter with its stadium seating and unobstructed 180-degree views.
Add Las Vegas Strip
Add a Las Vegas Strip flyover to your Grand Celebration Tour for the ultimate Las Vegas helicopter tour adventure!
Request a Front Seat on your Helicopter Tour
Fly first class and experience the pilot's point of view with a front seat upgrade for only $50 per person! While every seat aboard our helicopters provide incredible views, the front seats offers a panoramic perspective and unobstructed photo opportunities.
All passengers are free to request a front seat upgrade, although availability is limited. Front seat upgrades are not guaranteed, but are assigned once the passenger check-in process is complete and seating aboard the helicopter is determined. If your request for an upgrade is confirmed, payment will be processed at the check-in counter prior to departure.
Charge to Request: Free
Charge if Confirmed: $50
Grand Celebration Tour Sunset FAQs
- What are the duration of the Papillon Grand Celebration Tour Sunset flight time and the entire trip?
The round-trip flight duration from Papillon’s Grand Celebration Sunset Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour is approximately 70 minutes. Guests also spend about 30 minutes at the Grand Canyon. The tour lasts 4 to 4 1/2 hours, hotel-to-hotel.
- What languages are the Papillon Grand Celebration Tour Sunset Flight narrations offered in?
The Sunset Grand Celebration Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour narration is offered in English, Chinese - Mandarin & Cantonese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, and Spanish.
- Why should you choose Papillon for your Grand Canyon Helicopter tour?
Papillon was founded in 1965 and is the world's most experienced and largest sightseeing company, flying nearly a quarter million passengers each year on daily tours to the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Page, Arizona, and more. Our mission is to provide the safest and most unforgettable aerial sightseeing experiences and adventures to the most beautiful destinations in the American Southwest. At Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters, we specialize in one-of-a-kind tours that leave guests with memories for a lifetime.