Papillon's Unique History
- Fast Facts
- Fleet: 48
- Employees: 600+
- Established: 1965
- Corporate Sales and Marketing: Las Vegas, NV
- Corporate Accounting: Boulder City, NV
- Models: Bell 206L, 206B, Bell 407, A-Star 350B BA B2, MD900, EC130, deHavilland Twin Otter
- Utility and Contract Division supports: Grand Canyon National Park, U.S. Forest Service, Department of Defense, Bureau of Land Management, Arizona Game and Fish, Tucson Electric Power, Bar 10 Ranch
- Airport Locations: McCarran Intl(LAS), Grand Canyon National Park Airport (GCN), Boulder City Airport (61B), Grand Canyon West Airport(1G4), Page Muni (PGA)
Since 1965, Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters has held the title of the world's oldest and largest sightseeing company, flying an estimated 600,000 passengers each year on daily tours to the Grand Canyon and beyond. Discover spectacular sights of the Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, Monument Valley, Lake Powell, and of course unforgettable views of the Grand Canyon's multiple rims. We at Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters are proud to offer our guests an unparalleled perspective of one of the world's greatest natural wonders.
Our aircraft are specifically designed for sightseeing with onboard upgrades developed and patented by Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters. Our planes are designed to provide the most comfortable ride possible as well as ideal sightseeing. Our helicopter fleet are also fitted with oversized windows for sightseeing and photography. All flights also offer pre-recorded narration in 16 languages provided through noise-cancelling headphones. Your adventure with Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters extends beyond air travel. In fact, our catalogue of tours also include horseback, hiking, ATV and Hummer ground tours, and whitewater rafting excursions at the canyon. Create memories to last a lifetime when you join us on a scenic journey to the most beautiful landform in the American Southwest.
As member in good standing of the Tour Operators Program of Safety (TOPS), Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters abides by flight safety rules and regulations that substantially exceed the regulations required by the Federal Aviation Administration. Additionally, the program infuses the safety mindset into the very culture of our company. Customer safety is of paramount importance to every employee here at Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters.