Canyon and River Adventures Rafting Tour
Enhance your Grand Canyon vacation with a smooth water rafting excursion! This nearby day trip leaves from the Grand Canyon Airport near the South Rim on a sightseeing airplane and travels to Page, Arizona, where you'll tour the world-famous Lower Antelope Canyon. After, you'll enjoy a smooth rafting tour down 18 miles of the Colorado River in Glen Canyon. Your tour concludes with a peaceful drive back to the Grand Canyon. The Canyon and River Adventures is the best way to see the canyon from top to bottom!
This tour sets off from the Grand Canyon Airport near the South Rim. You'll board a sightseeing airplane and travel across the Grand Canyon East Rim and the stunning desert scenery to the city of Page, Arizona, home to some of the most magnificent natural landmarks. You'll discover aerial sights of Lake Powell and Horseshoe Bend, the famous near-circular twist in the Colorado River. Your touring airplane also offers headset narration in multiple languages to describe the scenery below you.
Upon landing in Page, you'll be transported for a guided tour of the world-famous Lower Antelope Canyon. This photographic landmark has rippling sandstone walls and and narrow winding corridors that create the perfect backdrop for one-of-a-kind photo moments. Your Antelope Canyon tour is led by a Navajo guide who will show you the best photo opportunities and explain the history of this ancient canyon and the Navajo people.
After exploring Lower Antelope Canyon, you'll start a smooth water rafting trip on the Colorado River, departing from the historic Lee's Ferry. You'll float over 18 miles through the colossal walls of Glen Canyon with the refreshing spray of the desert water to cool you off. The raft will dock at Petroglyph beach, where you can disembark and explore. The aptly named beach features authentic ancient Puebloan petroglyphs, and your guide will share the meaning and history of the Native Americans.
Your Colorado River raft tour will continue through the world-famous Horseshoe Bend. You'll travel almost a full circle between the 1000-foot canyon walls, a truly unique way to experience this popular section of the Colorado River. Your tour will arrive back at Lee's Ferry, where your sightseeing adventure ends. Ground transportation will be waiting to drive you back to the Grand Canyon South Rim area, with a stop at the historic Cameron Trading Post.
All guests must be at least 4 years old to enjoy this experience.
Operation dates are April 1 to September 30.
Tour includes a set boxed lunch (no substitutions).
- Aerial views of the Grand Canyon Eastern Rim, the Colorado River, Lake Powell, and Horseshoe Bend
- Unique photo opportunities
- Headset narration for Airplane portion
- Guided tour of Lower Antelope Canyon
- Short hike to view ancient petroglyphs
- Rafting tour
- Airplane Tour
- Lower Antelope Canyon Tour with Expert Guide
- 18-mile rafting tour through Glen Canyon
- Box lunch
- Return ground transport to Grand Canyon
- Tour Duration: Approximately 12.5 - 13 hours
- Flight Duration: Approximately 1 hour
- Hotel Transfer: Pick-up is not provided. Guests must provide their own transportation to our Grand Canyon Terminal. Drop-off locations are limited to Grand Hotel, Holiday Inn, Red Feather Lodge, Canyon Plaza Hotel, Best Western Squire Inn, and Maswik Lodge.
- Check-In: 30 minutes prior to departure at Grand Canyon National Park Airport.
- All guests must be at least 4 years old to enjoy this experience.
- Mobility Restrictions - Due to the steep slopes and several narrow pathways within Antelope Canyon and the sandy footing, this tour is not recommended for pregnant women, is not wheelchair accessible, and prohibits passengers with limited movement capabilities.