Scenic Canyon River Adventure
The Scenic Canyon River Adventure is the perfect pairing of a Grand Canyon airplane tour and a day of rafting on the Colorado River through Glen Canyon. Begin with a scenic flight over the Grand Canyon to Page, Arizona, with sights of the eastern rim all the way to the canyon floor.
Upon arrival at the Page Municipal Airport, you will be transported the the world-famous Antelope Canyon for a guided tour of its mystical depths. The elegant sandstone shapes and shadows within this canyon have been formed by thousands of years of wind and water erosion. This desert landmark has been a photographer favorite for decades. In fact, the most expensive photograph ever sold was taken between these very canyon walls. Your guide will show you the most photogenic areas and help you recreate the world-famous visions found here.
Your adventure continues with a 15.5-mile smooth water rafting trip down the mighty Colorado River - the main sculptor of the Grand Canyon. Watch the magnificent canyon walls rise on either side of you as you feel the cooling spray of the Colorado on your face. Midway through the trip your raft will dock on the sandy river bank. Here passengers can enjoy a short hike to find ancient Native American petroglyphs. Your guide will translate these petroglyphs and offer some history about the ancient people who once thrived here. After your river tour has come to an end, you will return to the Grand Canyon National Park via airplane. This tour gives sightseers the opportunity to experience the desert Southwest U.S. from top to bottom!
All guests must be at least 4 years old to enjoy this experience.
Operation dates are March 1st through October 31st.
- Aerial views of the eastern rim of Grand Canyon National Park and the Navajo Indian Reservation
- Guided tour of Upper Antelope Canyon
- 15.5-mile rafting on the Colorado River
- Short hike to view ancient petroglyphs
- Continental breakfast & box lunch
What To Bring:
- Bring your I.D. - All passengers booked on a tour must have government issued forms of identification.
- Be sure to book your tour as early in your trip as possible.
- Water: You may bring a bottle of water, however the bottle is not allowed to be opened in the aircraft.
- Don’t forget your camera! Cameras and phones are allowed and encouraged, but please be aware that the use of "Selfie Sticks" and extending camera poles are strictly prohibited in and around the aircraft.
- Not sure what to wear? Layered clothing is recommended through the months of March to September, and winter clothing should be worn from October to mid-March.
- Wear sensible shoes. The ground at the Grand Canyon is rough, rocky and uneven. It is important to wear sturdy, toe-covering shoes that can handle rough terrain. Sneakers or hiking boots are highly recommended.
Approximately 12.5 hours
Approximately 1 hour
Time Spent at Antelope Canyon
Approximately 1.5 hours
Time Spent at Glen Canyon
Approximately 5 hours
Check-In & Breakfast
Upon arrival, check in at our private air tour terminal at the Grand Canyon National Airport. A continental breakfast will be provided after check-in.
Fly over portions of the East Rim en route to Page, Arizona.
Arrive in Page, Arizona and be greeted by a Native American guide who will provide the tour of Upper Antelope Canyon on a 4-wheel drive vehicle.
River Trip Check-In
Arrive at the Colorado River Discovery Welcome Center to check in for the rafting tour. Travel down a 2-mile tunnel through the canyon walls to the base of Glen Canyon Dam.
Depart on a 15.5-mile guided raft tour on the Colorado River. Stop at Petroglyphs Beach to enjoy lunch, a short hike, and to view petroglyphs left here by an ancient people.
Disembark River & Return
Your rafting tour will end at historic Lee's Ferry where ground transportation awaits for a return trip to the Grand Canyon National Park Airport or your South Rim hotel. Travel through the Navajo Indian Reservation with a brief stop at the Cameron Trading Post (drive time is approximately 3.5 hours).
Book Your Tour
Full Adult Retail Price: $<% adultRetail %>
Product Code: SGP-5R