South Rim Bus Tour with Helicopter
14 hours Prices From:
Departure: Las Vegas
Destination: Grand Canyon South Rim
Bus | Helicopter | Stand on the Edge | Hoover Dam | Meal
A fully-inclusive, all-day tour to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon will get you away from the manmade wonders of Las Vegas to the majestic wonder of nature in a way you can never forget.
Following pick-up at your hotel and a brief orientation, you will board a modern, air-conditioned bus for the trip to Grand Canyon South Rim. First stop, though, is the magnificence of the O’Callaghan-Tillman Bridge – the new Hoover Dam by-pass which provides a startling and impressive view of the Art Deco Dam and its expanse. As the bus travels on through the Colorado River Valley and the Mojave Desert toward Arizona, your knowledgeable and entertaining driver-guide will point out the sights and tell you the history of the area, while you relax and enjoy the views through the large windows, from the comfort of your adjustable seat.
The South Rim is spectacular – you can hike for a distance along its edge, photograph the winding river below, marvel at the geology or study the history of the area while visiting Bright Angel Lodge. Before experiencing the Grand Canyon by ground climb into your helicopter for what will be the highlight of the day! Flying over Dragon Corridor, you will be awed by the views and energized by the experience. It is a fitting match for the power of the natural forces that shaped the scene below you. A premium box lunch will be provided after the flight as you continue on your Grand Canyon experience. Return to Las Vegas replacing what was just an imagination with vivid memories and lots of memorabilia!
- Fabulous views of the Hoover Dam, the southwest desert, and the Grand Canyon
- 25 minute helicopter air tour
- Premium box lunch
- 15-20 minute photo stop at the Hoover Dam Bridge!
- Entertaining and informative commentary from your driver/guide
- Air-conditioned motor coach, comfortable seats, and viewing windows
- Restrooms on motor coaches
- Video entertainment
- Rest stops along the way
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
What To Bring:
- Bring your I.D. - All passengers booked on a tour must have government issued forms of identification.
- Be sure to book your tour as early in your trip as possible.
- Water: You may bring a bottle of water, however the bottle is not allowed to be opened in the aircraft.
- Don’t forget your camera! Cameras and phones are allowed and encouraged, but please be aware that the use of "Selfie Sticks" and extending camera poles are strictly prohibited in and around the aircraft.
- Not sure what to wear? Layered clothing is recommended through the months of March to September, and winter clothing should be worn from October to mid-March.
- Wear sensible shoes. The ground at the Grand Canyon is rough, rocky and uneven. It is important to wear sturdy, toe-covering shoes that can handle rough terrain. Sneakers or hiking boots are highly recommended.
Approximately 14 hours, not including hotel transfers.
Approximately 5 hours each way
Grand Canyon Experience
Approximately 2 hours
Guests are picked up at their hotel.
Check in at the bus depot and board an air-conditioned motorcoach for an immediate departure for the Grand Canyon National Park. The bus ride duration is ~5 hours to the Grand Canyon National Park.
15 min photo op at the Hoover Dam Bypass bridge, awesome views of the dam!
25-30 minute helicopter flight over the Grand Canyon South Rim.
Grand Canyon National Park
Observation point stops with 20-30 minutes at each stop for photos, exploration, and souvenir shopping
A box lunch is provided and can be enjoyed during the Grand Canyon experience
Las Vegas Return
Return and board the motorcoach for transfers back to Las Vegas