West Rim Bus Tour with Helicopter Boat Cruise and Skywalk
12 hours Prices From:
Departure: Las Vegas
Destination: Grand Canyon West
Bus | Helicopter | Hoover Dam | Meal | Skywalk | Land at the Bottom | Stand on the Edge | Water | Adventure Tour
Grand Canyon West offers unique and exciting adventures you won’t find anywhere else and this is the day you get to experience all of them! Join us for a day of exploration and discovery, starting with complimentary shuttle service from your Las Vegas hotel to our bus depot for a short check-in process.
Your first stop on your journey is the O’Callaghan-Tillman Bridge. The second highest bridge in the United States, it sits nearly 900 feet above the Colorado River of the Black Canyon, offering an eye-popping view of Hoover Dam below it and extinct volcanoes such as Fortification Hill in the distance. Grab your camera and capture the view!
Your journey continues as you turn Eastward and come face to face with hundreds, maybe thousands of Joshua Trees. A landscape thought to be centuries old, you are now entering Hualapai Indian Tribal Lands. This Grand Canyon park’s star attraction is undoubtedly the Grand Canyon Skywalk, a cantilevered glass-bottomed bridge jutting 70’ out from the lip of the Grand Canyon and hovering high above its floor. The sensation is bizarre, but exhilarating! And if you think that’s hard to top, climb aboard our state of the art helicopter for a thrilling descent 4,000 feet down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon! A short canyon trail leads to the riverside docks, where pontoon boats wait to take you on a relaxing smooth water float on the Colorado River.
After re-boarding your helicopter for your flight back to the rim, take the opportunity to grab lunch (redeemable by voucher included in your tour price) at one of the food venues at Eagle or Guano Point. Time permitting, you can also tour the Eagle Point Indian Village, featuring replicas of tipis, hogans and other traditional Native American dwellings.
You won’t believe how much you were able to see and do before boarding your touring coach for the return to Las Vegas and shuttle back to your hotel.
- Entrance to the Grand Canyon Skywalk
- Las Vegas hotel pick-up
- Transportation by motorcoach to Grand Canyon West
- Overlook views and photo opportunities
- Helicopter descent
- Boat cruise
- Multiple viewpoints
- Brief stop for photo opportunities of Hoover Dam
What To Bring:
- Bring your I.D. - All passengers booked on a tour must have government issued forms of identification.
- Be sure to book your tour as early in your trip as possible.
- Water: You may bring a bottle of water, however the bottle is not allowed to be opened in the aircraft.
- Don’t forget your camera! Cameras and phones are allowed and encouraged, but please be aware that the use of "Selfie Sticks" and extending camera poles are strictly prohibited in and around the aircraft.
- Not sure what to wear? Layered clothing is recommended through the months of March to September, and winter clothing should be worn from October to mid-March.
- Wear sensible shoes. The ground at the Grand Canyon is rough, rocky and uneven. It is important to wear sturdy, toe-covering shoes that can handle rough terrain. Sneakers or hiking boots are highly recommended.
Please note that the Hoover Dam stop can be before or after the Grand Canyon experience.
Approximately 12 hours, not including hotel transfers.
Time spent at the Grand Canyon
Approximately 4 hours
Approximately 3 hours
Guests are picked up from most major Las Vegas hotels.
Guests depart the depot for Grand Canyon West.
Joshua Tree Forest
Travel through a 900 year old Joshua tree forest.
Arrive Grand Canyon West
Guests transfer to the "Rim Shuttle System".
Descent 4,000 feet to the bottom of the Grand Canyon.
15-20 minute pontoon boat cruise on the Colorado through the canyon.
Helicopter Return and Shuttle
Return to heliport to board shuttle for rim access.
Eagle Point & Skywalk
Named for the eagle-like rock formation, this point is home to the Skywalk where admission is provided to experience the famous glass bridge. Guests are free to explore the Indian Cultural Village and the rim. *Lunch available at this stop.
Guano Point boasts a spectacular viewpoint that jets out into the canyon offering visitors a nearly 360 degree canyon view. *Lunch also available here.
Return to Las Vegas with a stop at Hoover Dam
Before returning to Las Vegas, there is a brief stop on the O'Callaghan bypass bridge overlooking the famous Hoover Dam.