Scenic Canyon River Adventure
12.5 hours Prices From:
Departure: Grand Canyon South Rim
Destination: Grand Canyon South Rim
Airplane | Bus | Water | Adventure
The Scenic Canyon River Adventure is the perfect pairing of a sightseeing airplane tour and a day of rafting on the Colorado River through Glen Canyon. Begin with a scenic flight to Page, Arizona with aerial sights of the Grand Canyon's Eastern Rim, the Confluence of the Little Colorado River, the famous curve called Horseshoe Bend, and the majestic blue waters of Lake Powell.
Upon arrival at the Page Municipal Airport, you will be transported to the world-famous Antelope Canyon for a guided tour of its mystical depths. The elegant sandstone shapes and shadows within this canyon have been formed by thousands of years of wind and water erosion. This desert landmark has been a photographer favorite for decades. In fact, the most expensive photograph ever sold was taken within these very canyon walls. Your guide will show you the most photogenic areas and help you recreate the famous snapshots taken here, while sharing the history of the slot canyon and Navajo lands.
Your adventure continues with Wilderness River Adventures aboard a motorized raft that will take you up a 15.5-mile stretch of the mighty Colorado River. Watch the magnificent canyon walls rise on either side of you as you feel the cooling spray of the Colorado River on your face. Midway through the trip your raft will stop on the sandy river bank. Here passengers can enjoy a short hike to find ancient Native American petroglyphs. Your guide will translate these petroglyphs and offer some history about the ancient people who once thrived here. Back on board the raft, you will travel through the world-famous Horseshoe Bend. Your tour will come to an end at Lee's Ferry where ground transportation will be awaiting for your return trip. After a day of sightseeing, you'll enjoy a relaxing journey through Navajo lands with a stop at the historic Cameron's Trading Post en route to Grand Canyon South.
All guests must be at least 4 years old to enjoy this experience.
Operation dates are March 1st through October 31st.
- Aerial views of the eastern rim of the Grand Canyon National Park, the Colorado River, Lake Powell, and Horseshoe Bend
- Guided tour of Antelope Canyon
- 15.5-mile rafting through Glen Canyon
- Short hike to view ancient petroglyphs
- Continental breakfast & box lunch
What To Bring:
- Bring your I.D. - All passengers booked on a tour must have government issued forms of identification.
- Be sure to book your tour as early in your trip as possible.
- Water: You may bring a bottle of water, however the bottle is not allowed to be opened in the aircraft.
- Don’t forget your camera! Cameras and phones are allowed and encouraged, but please be aware that the use of "Selfie Sticks" and extending camera poles are strictly prohibited in and around the aircraft.
- Not sure what to wear? Layered clothing is recommended during the colder months: March, April and October. Light colored clothing should be worn during the warmer months: May through September. We also recommend bringing a hat, sunglasses, and a towel.
- Wear shoes most fitting to the season. The recommended shoe types are sneakers, waters shoes, or flip-flops. The ground at Glen Canyon is rough, rocky and uneven.
Approximately 12.5 hours
Approximately 1 hour
Antelope Canyon Tour
Approximately 1.5 hours, including transfers
Time Spent at Glen Canyon
Approximately 5 hours
Check-In & Breakfast
Upon arrival, check-in at our private air tour terminal at the Grand Canyon National Airport. A continental breakfast will be provided after check-in.
See amazing views of the Grand Canyon's Eastern Rim, the Colorado River, Lake Powell, and Horseshoe Bend en route to Page, Arizona.
Arrive at Page airport and board a 4-wheel drive vehicle for transfers to Antelope Canyon. Your very knowledgeable guide will share its history this mystical slot canyon while assisting you in taking picture-perfect photos.
River Float Trip Check-In
Arrive at Wilderness River Adventures to check in for the rafting tour. Travel down a 2-mile tunnel through the canyon walls to the base of Glen Canyon Dam where the boat launches.
Depart on a 15.5-mile guided raft tour on the Colorado River. Stop along the river bank to see ancient petroglyphs left by ancient dwellers.
Enjoy the scenery as you continue on your river tour through Glen Canyon. Be sure to capture photos of the amazing Horseshoe Bend!
Disembark River & Return
Your rafting tour will end at Lee's Ferry where ground transportation awaits for a return trip to the Grand Canyon National Park area. Travel through the Navajo Indian Reservation with a brief stop at the historic Cameron Trading Post (drive time is approximately 3.5 hours).
Book Your Tour
Full Adult Retail Price: $<% adultRetail %>
Product Code: SGP-5R