Canyon Smooth Water Bus Trip
12.5 hours Prices From:
Departure: Grand Canyon South Rim
Destination: Grand Canyon South Rim
Bus | Water | Adventure Tour
Extra day in your Grand Canyon vacation? Experience the thrill of a 15.5-mile smooth water float trip down the Colorado River, through Glen Canyon and Horseshoe Bend. Ground transport is available to transport guests from their South Rim hotel to Page, Arizona where the guided rafting tour will begin.
Your group will board a motorized raft designed to comfortably hold 32 passengers. You'll set off on a smooth drift down the Colorado River with the stone walls of Glen Canyon on either side. Boxed lunches will be provided for each passenger to eat during the tour. During your journey the raft will stop on the river bank so passengers can step ashore to view ancient petroglyphs. Your guide will explain these symbols and the history of the people who once roamed within this region. Soon, your raft will travel through Horseshoe Bend - the famously curious twist in the Colorado River. The raft makes its final dock at historic Lee's Ferry. Board the awaiting ground transport for the return trip to the South Rim. The journey includes a stop at the Cameron Trading Post along the way.
All guests must be at least 4 years old to enjoy this experience.
Operation dates are March 1st through October 31st
- Eastern views of Grand Canyon National Park, the Navajo Indian Reservation, Painted Desert, Glen Canyon, and Horseshoe Bend
- 15.5-mile rafting on the Colorado River
- Short hike to view ancient petroglyphs
- Box lunch
What To Bring:
- Bring your I.D. - All passengers booked on a tour must have government issued forms of identification.
- Be sure to book your tour as early in your trip as possible.
- Water: You may bring a bottle of water, however the bottle is not allowed to be opened in the aircraft.
- Don’t forget your camera! Cameras and phones are allowed and encouraged, but please be aware that the use of “Selfie Sticks” and extending camera poles are strictly prohibited in and around the aircraft.
- Not sure what to wear? Layered clothing is recommended through the months of March to September, and winter clothing should be worn from October to mid-March.
- Wear sensible shoes. The ground at the Grand Canyon is rough, rocky and uneven. It is important to wear sturdy, toe-covering shoes that can handle rough terrain. Sneakers or hiking boots are highly recommended.
Approximately 12.5 hours
Time Spent at Glen Canyon
Approximately 5 hours
Check in at our private air tour terminal or be picked up at one of the approved hotels approximately 30 minutes prior to departure.
Departure to Page, Arizona
Enjoy the views of eastern part of the Grand Canyon National Park, the Navajo Indian Reservation, and the Painted Desert while traveling in comfort to Page, Arizona.
A box meal is provided and can be enjoyed at any time during the tour.
Embark on a memorable 15.5-mile smooth water float trip in a 32-passenger motorized raft. Make your way up the Colorado River while your river guide provides history of Glen Canyon and its native habitat.
River Bank Stop
Take a short hike to see ancient petroglyphs during a brief stop along the river bank.
Continue on the float trip through Glen Canyon and marvel at the famous Horseshoe Bend while the raft follows the curve of the river.
The raft tour concludes upon arrival at Lee's Ferry where ground transportation awaits. Travel through the Navajo Indian Reservation with a brief stop at the historic Cameron Trading Post before returning to the Grand Canyon National Park area.
|Fare Type||Base Fare||Taxes & Fees||Per Passenger||You Saved|
|Adult||<% csymbol %><% offeringData.adultBase %>||<% csymbol %><% offeringData.adultFees %>||<% csymbol %><% offeringData.adultTotal %>||<% csymbol %><% offeringData.adultSavings %>|
|Child||<% csymbol %><% offeringData.childBase %>||<% csymbol %><% offeringData.childFees %>||<% csymbol %><% offeringData.childTotal %>||<% csymbol %><% offeringData.childSavings %>|
<% ['', 'January', 'February', 'March', 'April', 'May', 'June', 'July', 'August', 'September', 'October', 'November', 'December'][parseInt(startMonthNum, 10)] %><% startYearNum %>- <% ['', 'January', 'February', 'March', 'April', 'May', 'June', 'July', 'August', 'September', 'October', 'November', 'December'][parseInt(endMonthNum, 10)] %><% endYearNum %>