Canyon Smooth Water Bus Trip
12.5 hours Prices From:
Departure: Grand Canyon South Rim
Destination: Grand Canyon South Rim
Bus | Water | Adventure Tour | Meal
Want to turn your typical family vacation up a notch? Experience the thrill of a 15.5-mile smooth water float trip between the majestic walls of Glen Canyon and Horseshoe Bend. This incredible journey begins early in the morning after a motorcoach or van arrives at your Grand Canyon hotel. Watch the desert nature pass you by as you are transported comfortably from the South Rim to Page, Arizona. Upon arrival to Page, you will begin your incredible sightseeing raft adventure!
Each participant will be supplied with a light and healthy box lunch to be enjoyed at their leisure during their trip. With the river beckoning, you and your family will board a motorized raft designed to comfortably hold 32 passengers. During your journey the raft will stop on the river bank for a truly exciting sight. Travel down a short path along the canyon floor to find authentic ancient petroglyphs. Your guide will interpret these symbols for you and provide a history of the people who once roamed within this region.
Back on the water, the coursing river will eventually carry you to historic Lee's Ferry for your rafting tour's end. You will board the awaiting motorcoach or van for your return trip. Your journey back to the South Rim offers views of the Navajo Indian Reservation and includes a brief stop at the Cameron Trading Post along the way.
All guests must be at least 4 years old to enjoy this experience.
Operation dates are March 1st through October 31st
- Eastern views of Grand Canyon National Park and the Navajo Nation Indian Reservation
- 15.5-mile rafting on the Colorado River
- Short hike to view ancient petroglyphs
- Picnic box lunch
What To Bring:
- Bring your I.D. - All passengers booked on a tour must have government issued forms of identification.
- Be sure to book your tour as early in your trip as possible.
- Water: You may bring a bottle of water, however the bottle is not allowed to be opened in the aircraft.
- Don’t forget your camera! Cameras and phones are allowed and encouraged, but please be aware that the use of "Selfie Sticks" and extending camera poles are strictly prohibited in and around the aircraft.
- Not sure what to wear? Layered clothing is recommended through the months of March to September, and winter clothing should be worn from October to mid-March.
- Wear sensible shoes. The ground at the Grand Canyon is rough, rocky and uneven. It is important to wear sturdy, toe-covering shoes that can handle rough terrain. Sneakers or hiking boots are highly recommended.
Approximately 12.5 hours
Time Spent at Glen Canyon
Approximately 5 hours
Upon arrival, check in at our private air tour terminal or approved hotel 30 minutes prior to departure.
Motorcoach Transport to Page, AZ
Enjoy the eastern views of Grand Canyon National Park and the Navajo Indian Reservation into Page, Arizona (approximately 3 hours).
River Trip Check-In
Arrive at Colorado River Discovery to check in for your rafting tour.
A box lunch will be provided to enjoy at any point during your rafting trip.
Travel through a 2-mile tunnel where you will meet your rafting guide and board your motorized raft for a 15.5-mile float trip down the Colorado River.
Stop for approximately 30 minutes to view ancient petroglyphs. A brief bathroom stop will be provided.
Disembark River & Return
Your rafting tour will end at historic Lee's Ferry where your ground transportation awaits for a return trip to the Grand Canyon National Park airport or hotel. Travel through Navajo Nation Indian Reservation with a brief stop at the Cameron Trading Post (drive time is approximately 3.5 hours).
Book Your Tour
Full Adult Retail Price: $<% adultRetail %>
Product Code: BGP-4R