Canyon Smooth Water Bus Trip
12.5 hours Prices From:
Departure: Grand Canyon South Rim
Destination: Grand Canyon South Rim
Bus | Water | Adventure Tour | Meal
Want to turn your typical family vacation up a notch? Experience the thrill of a 15.5-mile smooth water float trip between the majestic walls of Glen Canyon and Horseshoe Bend. This incredible journey begins early in the morning after ground transport arrives at your Grand Canyon hotel. Watch the desert nature pass you by as you are transported comfortably from the South Rim to Page, Arizona. Sights include the Eastern Rim, the Navajo Reservation, and Painted Desert. Upon arrival to Page, you will begin your incredible sightseeing raft adventure!
Each participant will be supplied with a light box lunch to be enjoyed at their leisure during their trip. With the river beckoning, you and your family will board a motorized raft designed to comfortably hold 32 passengers. During your journey the raft will stop on the river bank for a truly exciting sight. Travel down a short path along the canyon floor to find authentic ancient petroglyphs. Your guide will interpret these symbols for you and provide a history of the people who once roamed within this region. Soon, your raft will reach Horseshoe Bend - the famously curious twist in the Colorado River.
The coursing river will eventually carry you to historic Lee's Ferry for your rafting tour's end. You will board the awaiting ground transport for your return trip. Your journey back to the South Rim offers views of the Navajo Indian Reservation and includes a brief stop at the Cameron Trading Post along the way.
All guests must be at least 4 years old to enjoy this experience.
Operation dates are March 1st through October 31st
- Eastern views of Grand Canyon National Park, the Navajo Indian Reservation, Painted Desert, Glen Canyon, and Horseshoe Bend
- 15.5-mile rafting on the Colorado River
- Short hike to view ancient petroglyphs
- Box lunch
What To Bring:
- Bring your I.D. - All passengers booked on a tour must have government issued forms of identification.
- Be sure to book your tour as early in your trip as possible.
- Water: You may bring a bottle of water.
- Don’t forget your camera! Cameras and phones are allowed and encouraged.
- Not sure what to wear? Layered clothing is recommended during the colder months: March, April and October. Light colored clothing should be worn during the months: May through September. We also recommend bringing a hat, sunglasses, and a towel.
- Wear shoes most fitting for the season. The recommended shoe types are sneakers, waters shoes, or flip-flops. The ground at Glen Canyon is rough, rocky and uneven.
Approximately 12.5 hours
Time Spent at Glen Canyon
Approximately 5 hours
Check in at our private air tour terminal or be picked up at one of the approved hotels approximately 30 minutes prior to departure.
Departure to Page, Arizona
Enjoy the views of eastern part of the Grand Canyon National Park, the Navajo Indian Reservation, and the Painted Desert while traveling in comfort to Page, Arizona.
A box meal is provided and can be enjoyed at any time during the tour.
Embark on a memorable 15.5-mile smooth water float trip in a 32-passenger motorized raft. Make your way up the Colorado River while your river guide provides history of Glen Canyon and its native habitat.
River Bank Stop
Take a short hike to see ancient petroglyphs during a brief stop along the river bank.
Continue on the float trip through Glen Canyon and marvel at the famous Horseshoe Bend while the raft follows the curve of the river.
The raft tour concludes upon arrival at Lee's Ferry where ground transportation awaits. Travel through the Navajo Indian Reservation with a brief stop at the historic Cameron Trading Post before returning to the Grand Canyon National Park area.
Book Your Tour
Full Adult Retail Price: $<% adultRetail %>
Product Code: BGP-4R