Grand Celebration Tour
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to land on the floor of the Grand Canyon? Our Papillon Grand Celebration tour is a Grand Canyon helicopter landing tour with a 3,200-foot descent onto a remote plateau of the Grand Canyon’s floor. After landing, you’ll enjoy champagne and a light picnic overlooking the Colorado River.
This Grand Canyon helicopter tour from the Las Vegas area is the crown jewel of our tour selection. It is genuinely a sightseeing experience unlike any other! You can also add the option of a sunset departure. On your return flight, you can lift off from the Grand Canyon just in time for sunset views on your return to the Boulder City Terminal.
This Grand Canyon flight from the Las Vegas area to the bottom of the Grand Canyon is the most popular Grand Canyon helicopter tour available.
Aboard Papillon's Grand Celebration, you'll fly over the Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, Colorado River, the Mojave Desert, and more before reaching Grand Canyon West Rim. Upon arrival, you'll land all the way on the very bottom at a magnificent vantage point near the Colorado River. You'll enjoy a light picnic and champagne toast under the shade of an authentic Native American ramada.
Before returning to Las Vegas, you'll have about 30 minutes at the bottom of the Grand Canyon to explore rugged rock formations, unusual desert plants, and the Colorado River.
This flight is even more magical, with the hues of pink and orange across the sky with the optional sunset return flight. Enjoy the majestic sunset views of the Mojave Desert on the way back.
- Flight over Hoover Dam and Lake Mead with breathtaking views of Grand Canyon West
- Aerial views of Grand Canyon West lookouts like Guano Point and Eagle Point
- Canyon landing 3,200 feet below the rim
- Champagne and refreshments on the canyon floor with exploration time
- Landing on Canyon Floor
- Hotel-to-hotel transportation from most major hotels in Downtown Las Vegas and on the Strip
- Multilingual narration
- Tour Duration: Approximately 4 - 4 1/2 hours hotel-to-hotel
- Flight Duration: Approximately 70 minutes
- Hotel Transfer: Pick-up from most hotels on the Las Vegas Strip and Downtown area is approximately 60 minutes before flight departure (times are based on hotel location, time of day, and traffic conditions).
What to Bring
- Bring your I.D. - All passengers 18 years or older must have government-issued forms of identification.
- Be sure to book your tour as early in your trip as possible.
- Bring a bottle of water. Staying hydrated during your Grand Canyon helicopter landing tour is essential.
- When you visit Las Vegas remember to bring your camera. Cameras and phones are allowed and encouraged on our helicopter tours. However, please be aware that the use of "Selfie Sticks" and extending camera poles are strictly prohibited in and around the aircraft.
- Layered clothing is recommended through the months of March to September. Winter clothing should be worn from October to mid-March.
- Wear sensible shoes. The ground at the location you are visiting is rough, rocky, and uneven. It is important to wear sturdy, toe-covering shoes that can handle rough terrain. Sneakers or hiking boots are highly recommended.
Optional Grand Celebration Tour Upgrades
* Upgrade options are available for selection during checkout
Make Aircraft Private
Book your private helicopter to fly over the Grand Canyon. Each aircraft seats up to 6 passengers. You will marvel at the Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, the surrounding desert, and the majesty and mystery of the Grand Canyon's West Rim. It's all yours to enjoy from the comfort of your private helicopter.
Add Black Canyon Rafting
Pair your helicopter landing at the bottom of the Grand Canyon with a smooth water float trip down the Colorado River in Black Canyon. After your helicopter canyon floor landing, guests will be shuttled to the base of the Hoover Dam to take part in an 11-mile motorized raft trip down the Colorado River through Black Canyon. The raft excursion includes a stop at a private river beach for swimming and lunch. The return to Las Vegas is via motorcoach.
Add Las Vegas Strip
Add a Las Vegas Strip flyover to your Grand Celebration Tour for the ultimate Las Vegas helicopter tour adventure.
Request a Front Seat on your Helicopter Tour
Fly first class and experience the pilot's point of view with a front seat upgrade for only $60 per person! While every seat aboard our helicopters provide incredible views, the front seats offers a panoramic perspective and unobstructed photo opportunities.
All passengers are free to request a front seat upgrade, although availability is limited. Front seat upgrades are not guaranteed, but are assigned once the passenger check-in process is complete and seating aboard the helicopter is determined. If your request for an upgrade is confirmed, payment will be processed at the check-in counter prior to departure.
Charge to Request: Free
Charge if Confirmed: $60