Canyon Smooth Water Bus Trip
12.5 hours Prices From:
Departure: Grand Canyon South Rim
Destination: Grand Canyon South Rim
Bus | Water | Adventure Tour | Meal
Yearning for a bit more excitement than the usual family vacation version of fun that includes a ho-hum dip into a tepid hotel pool? Instead, let this be the year you and your family rise to the challenge of a 15.5 mile smooth water float trip through the majestic Glen Canyon and Horseshoe Bend. The excitement begins early on the day of the float, as a well appointed motor coach arrives at our Grand Canyon hotel to transport you comfortably during the three hour trip from Grand Canyon South Rim to Page, Arizona, where you will get up close and personal with the mighty Colorado River.
Before hitting the water, each participant will be supplied with a delicious box lunch to be enjoyed at their leisure during the float. These meals typically include luncheon meats, cheese, vegetables, chips, cookies and bottled water. Gluten-free and vegetarian meals are also available, with 24 hours notice before departure.
With the river beckoning, your family will board a motorized raft, designed to comfortably hold 22 passengers. From the base of Glen Canyon Dam, the motorized raft will transport you up the Colorado River where you will find and view the ancient petroglyphs.
Back on the water, the flow of the river will provide you with relaxing, scenic canyon views as it carries you to Lee's Ferry. When your raft arrives at Lee's Ferry, you will once again board the waiting motor coach in anticipation of the return trip to the Grand Canyon. During this part of the trip, guests will be treated to views of the Navajo Indian Reservation, and enjoy a brief top at Cameron Trading Post along the way.
All guests must be at least 4 years old to enjoy this experience.
Operation dates are March 1st, through November 15th.
- Eastern views of the Grand Canyon National Park and the Navajo Indian Reservation
- 15.5 mile rafting on the Colorado River
- Short hike to ancient petroglyphs
- Picnic box lunch
What To Bring:
- Bring your I.D. - All passengers booked on a tour must have government issued forms of identification
- Be sure to book your tour as early in your trip as possible
- Water: You may bring a bottle of water, however the bottle is not allowed to be opened in aircraft
- Don’t forget your camera! Cameras and phones are allowed and encouraged, but please be aware that the use of "Selfie Sticks" and extending camera poles is strictly prohibited in and around the aircraft
- Not sure what to wear? Layered clothing is recommended through the months of March to September, and winter clothing should be worn from October to mid-March"
- Wear sensible shoes. The ground at the Grand Canyon is rough, rocky and uneven. It is important to wear sturdy, toe-covering shoes that can handle rough terrain. Sneakers or hiking boots are highly recommended
Approximately 12.5 hours
Time Spent at Glen Canyon
Approximately 5 hours
Upon arrival, check-in at our private air tour terminal or approved hotel 30 minutes prior to motor coach departure.
Motor Coach to Page, AZ
Enjoy the eastern views of the Grand Canyon National Park and the Navajo Indian Reservation into Page, Arizona (approximately 3 hours).
River Trip Check-In
Arrive at Colorado River Discovery to check-in for your rafting tour.
A box lunch will be provided to carry throughout your rafting trip.
Travel through a 2 mile tunnel where you will meet your rafting guide and board your motorized raft for a 15.5 mile float trip on the Colorado River.
Stop for approximately 30 minutes for views of petroglyphs. A brief bathroom stop will be provided.
Disembark River & Return
Your rafting tour will end at historic Lee's Ferry where your ground transportation awaits for a return trip to the Grand Canyon National Park airport or hotel. Travel through Navajo Indian Reservation with a brief stop at the Cameron Trading Post (drive time is approximately 3.5 hours).
Book Your Tour
Full Adult Retail Price: $<% adultRetail %>
Product Code: BGP-4R