Fly Over the Grand Canyon
Fly over the rich Kaibab Forest before soaring off over the widest and deepest part of Grand Canyon; the Dragon Corridor. Experience and photograph towering rock formations, deep majestic valleys, and some of the oldest geology known to mankind.
The Imperial Air Tour flies over the North Rim, South Rim, and remote Eastern regions of the Grand Canyon. This helicopter flight offers birds-eye views of the Grand Canyon National Park’s marvels on a scenic flight route that includes the deepest and widest part of the Canyon.
Explore the North & South Rim - the deepest section of the canyon, boasting 1.7 million year old stone - all from the EcoStar, a helicopter offering 180-degree viewing and stadium-style seat design.
Experience the scenery from above and from below! First, get an aerial view of the Grand Canyon in one of our signature planes, followed by an exploration of the magnificent Antelope Canyon, and finally, relax on a motorized raft as you float the Colorado River between the walls of Glen Canyon.
Experience the ultimate adventure with a Helicopter and Hummer combination tour. You will not only see the Grand Canyon from above, but you will get a guided ground tour with one of our expert tour guides.
Travel from the canyon's South Rim to the East Rim aboard one of our Vistaliner airplanes. This budget-friendly tour provides breathtaking views of a large spread of canyon sights, including Imperial Point - a freestanding stone column formed by nature.
Answer the beckoning of the Colorado River on our Smooth River Bus Tour. This 15.5-mile raft journey gently propels sightseers through Glen Canyon and even stops for photo opportunities of petroglyphs carved into the canyon walls!
Get the most from your Grand Canyon experience with views from the sky and the rim on an exciting flight and hummer combination excursion. This flightseeing tour includes an extended Grand Canyon flight with iconic sights over the Kaibab National Forest, the Confluence of the Little Colorado River, and so much more. The journey does not end there, as Buck Wild Hummer Tours takes you on a guided rim tour with an expert to some of the most impressive views of the Grand Canyon's edge.
Experience the wonders of the Grand Canyon at sunrise, and tour Horseshoe Bend and Antelope Canyon all in one day. Take a helicopter from Grand Canyon National Park to Page, AZ, as you enjoy the pinks and reds of the sun’s early light across the Canyon. Once on the ground, take a guided tour that includes views of the spectacular Horseshoe Bend and an exploration of Antelope Canyon.
Recommend for groups of 4+. Fly our world famous North Canyon tour on an aircraft dedicated exclusively for yourself and your family/friends.
with 4 person group
Recommend for groups of 4+. Take the Imperial Air tour on an aircraft dedicated exclusively for yourself and your family/friends.
with 4 person group
Hmm… We couldn't find a tour that fits your selection.
Adjust the filters and try again.
Grand Canyon Tour FAQs
What are the best Grand Canyon Tours?
What is the best way to tour Grand Canyon National Park?
- If you are short on time and want to see a lot of the Grand Canyon South Rim an air tour is the best way to spend your time. Remember, Grand Canyon National Park is huge at 1.7 million acres and, aboard an air tour, visitors have a chance to see the most photogenic viewpoints this beautiful destination offers.
What cities feature tours to the Grand Canyon?
We offer Grand Canyon tours from four different cities.
- Tours from Las Vegas
- Tours from Phoenix
- Tours from the Grand Canyon West Rim
- Tour from Grand Canyon South Rim
We also offer tours from Page, Arizona exploring world-famous destinations like Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe Bend, Tower Butte, Rainbow Bridge, and Lake Powell.
How much is a tour of the Grand Canyon?
- The price of each Grand Canyon tour is based on the type of tour and the length of your tour but ranges between $200 and $500 or more. Papillon offers helicopter, airplane, ground, and boat tours of the Grand Canyon. Trips range from a quick sightseeing tour to a trip where you land at the bottom of the Grand Canyon in a helicopter and then take a float trip on the Colorado River!
What is the best time of the year to visit the Grand Canyon?
- When planning your trip to the Grand Canyon, look to visit in either the spring or fall for the most comfortable weather. The months of April and May offer warm days, cooler nights, and you might even be able to capture photographs with snow on the canyon rims in throughout the Kaibab National Forest. Late October and November, prime time during the fall season to experience smaller crowds and all-around beautiful weather before winter hits, are exceptional times to visit.
Is Antelope Canyon near the Grand Canyon?
- Antelope Canyon is located about 2 hours northeast of the Grand Canyon South Rim. Luckily with Papillon, you don’t have to make the drive. Simply hop aboard an airplane from the Grand Canyon South Rim for a full-day adventure. Learn more about the Grand Canyon airplane tour with Antelope Canyon and river rafting excursions.
How much is the entrance fee to the Grand Canyon?
- If you are not booking a tour through Papillon, the minimum price to visit the West Rim is $49 per person. The entrance fee for the Grand Canyon National Park, which spans both the North Rim and South Rim, is $35 per vehicle or $20 per person. With all of Papillon’s Grand Canyon tours, the cost to enter the national park is already included in your tour price. Plus you’ll get to experience incredible views that you couldn’t access on your own. That’s a price you just can’t beat!
Grand Canyon Tours From the South Rim
You can do it all with Papillon when you book an adventure tour package with us at the South Rim! Grand Canyon National Park's South Rim is the jumping off point for aerial sightseeing tours within the National Park.
Whether by airplane, ground, or via helicopter, the Grand Canyon National Park features some of the most majestic topography on the planet. We should know - we've been taking guests on tours of the area for more than fifty years!
Best Grand Canyon Tours
Papillon has flown the Grand Canyon since 1965 and has established itself as the world's most experienced and largest sightseeing company operating in the National Park.
Our goal is to offer the most innovative tours of the Grand Canyon available. Not sure where you want to visit? Check out our Grand Canyon National Park Guide.
The Grand Canyon trips Papillon offers allow you to see each and every unique section of the 1,900 square mile famous National Park that holds the 6,000 foot deep, 277-miles long, 18-miles wide canyon.
You can easily reach the Grand Canyon from Las Vegas aboard our Highlights Over the Grand Canyon Air Tour or take advantage of our combination tours we offer such as Grand Voyager Rim to River Tour: Grand Canyon Helicopter and Boat Tour from Las Vegas.
If you are visiting the Grand Canyon West Rim, which is closer to Las Vegas, check out our Grand Canyon Skywalk experience. Our day trips can also take you to visit the South Rim or on a raft trip down the Colorado River.
On all our trips, whether by helicopter, airplane, boat, or ground, you’ll learn about the history and the geology of the canyon with the first and largest Grand Canyon helicopter sightseeing company!
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tours
Gaze across the Grand Canyon’s vast expanse and straight down to the depths of the canyon floor when you fly in one of our state-of-the-art helicopters. During Papillon’s Grand Canyon helicopter tours, you can expect best-in-class safety, service, and sightseeing.
We are the preferred provider for the Grand Canyon National Park Service and we're certified to fly the entire Grand Canyon. Our world-class helicopter tours also have access to exclusive landing sites at the bottom of the West Rim.
We are proud to fly the most advanced tour helicopters available. Our EC-130s provide forward-facing, theater-style seating for unobstructed 180-degree views of the canyon’s majestic landscapes.
Discover all of the Grand Canyon helicopter tours today.
Grand Canyon Airplane Tours
Experience magnificent aerial views soaring over the Grand Canyon aboard one of Papillon’s sightseeing airplane tours. Our aircraft are equipped with headphones for tour narration in multiple languages, climate-controlled cabins, and high wings for unobstructed sightseeing of the magnificent desert scenery.
Discover all of the Grand Canyon airplane tours with Papillon.
Grand Canyon Boat Tours
Are you ready to escape the crowds at the Grand Canyon? Let one of our motorized pontoon boats float you along the peaceful waters of the Colorado River. These peaceful cruises offer breathtaking sights of the ancient canyon walls rising on either side of you. Water adventures are available from both the Grand Canyon South Rim and West Rim.
Discover all the Grand Canyon trips with boat rides Papillon offers.
Grand Canyon Ground Tours
Are you already at the Grand Canyon National Park and want to add a little adventure? Book a Hummer tour and travel to many of the South Rim's most remarkable sights. During your tour along historic Desert View Drive, you’ll make several photo stops at scenic viewpoints and lookouts.
Tours of the Grand Canyon South Rim
The Grand Canyon has grown to be one of the most visited destinations in the world. The national park boasts upwards of 6 million tourists each year. Between the breathtaking views and countless activities - Hummer excursions, helicopter tours, airplane tours, and rafting trips to name a few - the Grand Canyon has undoubtedly earned its status as one of the World's Seven Natural Wonders.
Incredible sights and formations can be found in nearly every direction on tours of the Grand Canyon South Rim. Aboard a South Rim helicopter tour, you can catch aerial views of many of these world-renowned landscapes.
- Glimpse Zuni Point, the scenic overlook nestled into the South Rim
- Pass over Dragon Corridor, the deepest and widest part of the Grand Canyon
- Gaze out as you soar over the Kaibab National Forest. This enormous blend of aspens, spruces, pines, and firs is sure to take your breath away. You may even see deer, mountain lions, or black bears in their natural environment.
Papillon offers incredible ground tours of the Grand Canyon South Rim as well. Hop on board a customized Hummer vehicle for a tour through the Grand Canyon National Park. Hummer tours will stop at several of the Grand Canyon's best lookout points for photos.
Discover all Grand Canyon South Rim Tours.
Grand Canyon Trip from Las Vegas
There are only Seven Natural Wonders of the World. When you are in Las Vegas, it's hard not to feel the draw of the Grand Canyon calling out to you. Papillon offers dozens of world-class tours from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon. From Las Vegas, you can experience a helicopter flight to the West Rim that returns at sunset, a daylong road trip to either Grand Canyon rim in a luxurious motorcoach, a whitewater rafting adventure along the Colorado River, and much more.
Discover all tours to the Grand Canyon from Las Vegas.
Watch the Helicopter Ride Grand Canyon Video
Fly over a huge portion of Grand Canyon National Park aboard one of Papillon’s helicopters which are designed specifically for tourism.