South Rim Airplane Tour
40 - 45 Minutes Prices From:
Departure: Grand Canyon South Rim
Destination: Grand Canyon South Rim
Take off from the Grand Canyon Airport on a sightseeing airplane tour across the national park! Each aircraft comes equipped with climate control and headset narration for each passenger. You'll see aerial sights of the Colorado River, Kaibab National Forest, and of course the magnificent canyon gorges and rock formations - including Zuni Corridor, Imperial Point, and the Kaibab Plateau. This quick tour is an affordable sightseeing addition to any Grand Canyon National Park vacation.
- Scenic views of the Zuni Corridor, Imperial Point, Confluence of the Colorado and Little Colorado Rivers, Kaibab National Forest, and Kaibab Plateau
- Tour Duration: Approximately 40-45 minutes
What To Bring:
- Bring your I.D. - All passengers booked on a tour must have government issued forms of identification.
- Be sure to book your tour as early in your trip as possible.
- Water: You may bring a bottle of water, however the bottle is not allowed to be opened in the aircraft.
- Don’t forget your camera! Cameras and phones are allowed and encouraged, but please be aware that the use of "Selfie Sticks" and extending camera poles are strictly prohibited in and around the aircraft.
- Not sure what to wear? Layered clothing is recommended through the months of March to September, and winter clothing should be worn from October to mid-March.
- Wear sensible shoes. The ground at the Grand Canyon is rough, rocky and uneven. It is important to wear sturdy, toe-covering shoes that can handle rough terrain. Sneakers or hiking boots are highly recommended.
Approximately 40-45 minutes
Arrive at the Grand Canyon Scenic Airlines terminal 30 minutes prior for check-in.
Board the airplane and depart the terminal for amazing aerial views of the Grand Canyon National Park.
Marvel at the immensity of the canyon with the Colorado River nearly a mile below. Enjoy additional views of the Kaibab National Forest, Confluence of the Little Colorado River, Imperial Point, and Zuni Corridor.
Arrive back at the terminal with photos and memories to last a lifetime.
- Lift or boarding ramp available to assist in boarding/disembarking
- If further assistance is required in boarding and disembarking, passengers must provide companion or attendant to do so. Staff are permitted to assist only in case of emergency.
- Passenger must be able to use plane seat.
- Collapsible wheelchairs are recommended due to space limitations.
- If using a motorized wheelchair, please notify staff if it operates with a wet or dry battery at time of booking.
- Passengers will be notified at time of check-in if space limitations will prohibit their accessibility equipment from being brought onboard.
- This is an air-only tour. Should your equipment need to be left at the terminal, it will be stored safely and waiting for you upon landing.
- Guests must reach the Grand Canyon National Park Airport 45 minutes before their flight time.