Take a guided tour inside the Hoover Dam and learn about the history and inner-workings of the modern marvel. Afterwards see an aerial view of the magnificent structure (along with the Colorado River and Lake Mead) in a state-of-the-art helicopter.
Our South Rim Bus Tour with Helicopter starts in Las Vegas and takes you on a bus and helicopter tour through the South Rim, and Dragon Corridor.
Climb aboard our state-of-the-art motorcoach for an incomparable sightseeing extravaganza to the Grand Canyon, a land form to put all other land forms to shame.
Our Grand Canyon West Bus tour with Skywalk is an excellent option for guests who desire to see Grand Canyon West and who would rather not travel entirely by air.
It’s a bit like a triathlon event of touring, but you don’t have to train to participate. You just have to be on time for pick-up from your Las Vegas hotel.
Travel like a VIP to the South Rim, where the canyon sights recognized around the world stretch to the horizon. The canyon gorges will unfold before you as you take off in a state-of-the-art helicopter for aerial views of this magnificent landform.
Relax aboard a luxury sprinter vehicle and see the Hoover Dam en route to the Grand Canyon West. Here, guests will find a Wild West village, multiple canyon viewpoints, and the world-famous Skywalk Bridge, which lets guests stand a mile in the air over the canyon floor.
Enjoy a ride through the Mojave Desert on your way to the Grand Canyon West. There, a helicopter awaits to fly guests a mile down to the canyon floor. See the canyon from the bottom on a smooth boat ride down the Colorado River - then see its expanse from above, atop from the glass floor of the Skywalk Bridge.
Realize your dream of flight with our Lake View Helicopter Tour! This flight covers approximately five miles in the air and flies toward incredible Lake Mead, providing amazing views.
Lift off on an exciting helicopter flight that offers amazing views of Hoover Dam, Lake Mead and the Colorado River. This tour covers approximately 10 miles flying at 2,500 feet above Hoover Dam.
Guests and passersby at Hoover Dam Lodge have the opportunity to see Lake Mead and Hoover Dam by air aboard a state-of-the-art Papillon helicopter. Passengers will continue on down the Colorado River to Black Canyon.
The Golden Eagle Air Tour is perfect for Las Vegas guests who are pressed for time and desire to see as much of the Grand Canyon as possible. This tour includes aerial views of the Hoover Dam and Lake Mead as well as the spectacular Grand Canyon.
This helicopter tour provides stunning aerial views of Hoover Dam, Lake Mead and Grand Canyon West. Additionally, this tour lands at the bottom of the canyon on a private plateau overlooking the mighty Colorado River.
Enjoy aerial views of the Las Vegas Strip aboard this sightseeing Las Vegas helicopter tour, including Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, and the spectacular Grand Canyon West Rim.
Enjoy incredible aerial views of Hoover Dam and Lake Mead on your way to the Grand Canyon. Land at the bottom of Grand Canyon West and enjoy a champagne picnic with time to explore.
Escape the crowds and visit an exclusive and visually stunning region of Grand Canyon. Accessible to few, this tour includes an ATV adventure to the northern edge of the canyon near Bar 10 Ranch.
The Grand Canyon Connoisseur with Helicopter Tour is an all day adventure. It begins with shuttle transfers from your Las Vegas hotel to the Boulder Terminal. Board a fixed-wing airplane and enjoy views of the famed Hoover Dam, Lake Mead and the winding Colorado River.
See the Grand Canyon from the sky on a deluxe airplane tour, then visit the most popular viewpoints on the ground aboard a customized Hummer tour!
Take a stroll 4,000 feet in the air on the Skywalk, surrounded by nothing but glass, steel, and Canyon stone. Then, pay a visit to a local Native American village and find authentic artifacts and art.
Length of Day Trips to Grand Canyon
Las Vegas is central to numerous world-renowned destinations and national landmarks. In just a few short hours, travelers can explore the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Mojave Desert, Colorado River, Lake Mead, and more famous landscapes.
Quick Day Trips: 1 to 4 Hours
Not too short, not too long, Papillon's 1 to 4-hour day trips are the perfect balance of our Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon tours. These quick day trips are a great fit for Las Vegas guests who are pressed for time but still desire to see as much of the Grand Canyon as possible.
Hop aboard one of our state-of-the-art airplanes or helicopters to take in the inspiring aerial views of the Grand Canyon West Rim. These helicopter and airplane tours provide stunning aerial views of Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, and Grand Canyon West. Additionally, select helicopter tours will touch down at a private landing site on the canyon floor overlooking the mighty Colorado River. Guests can enjoy a champagne and light picnic and exclusive exploration time before reboarding their sightseeing aircraft.
Half-Day Trips: 5 to 10 Hours
In just 5 to 10 hours, get the all-inclusive Southwestern experience. Half-day trips to the Grand Canyon from Las Vegas are the perfect fit for vacationers wanting a truly comprehensive tour of the Southwest.
These all-inclusive sightseeing tours aren't just limited to flight. In addition to breathtaking aerial views aboard one of our state-of-the-art helicopters or airplanes, half-day tours often include boat cruises, ATV adventures, gold mine explorations, and more.
Half-day tours from Las Vegas embark on explorations of multiple world-famous destinations.
- Grand Canyon West Rim: Soar from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon's magnificent West Rim. Aboard half-day helicopter and airplane tours, guests can stroll across the glass-bottomed Grand Canyon Skywalk, pay a visit to the local Native American village, explore breathtaking viewpoints like Eagle Point and Guano Point, and touch down at an exclusive landing site on the canyon's floor. For an adventure tour upgrade, tack on a memorable boat cruise along the Colorado River too.
- Grand Canyon South Rim: Discover the widest and deepest parts of Grand Canyon National Park on an airplane tour of the South Rim. Whether on the ground or in the sky, this rim of the canyon is full of breathtaking sights. For some added adventure, upgrade your South Rim airplane tour to also include an exhilarating helicopter flight over the National Park or a hummer excursion to some of the South Rim's breathtaking lookouts. Many of these national park tours can even include renowned viewpoints like Bright Angel Point and Mather Point as well as exploration time at local shops and antique buildings.
- Grand Canyon North: Escape the crowds and explore the raw beauty of this remote section of the canyon. The quieter, less commercialized side of the Grand Canyon is ideal for explorers who want to ditch the tourist traps and venture off the beaten path. This tour includes an airplane flight over Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, and the Colorado River before disembarking for an ATV adventure near Bar 10 Ranch on the most northern side of the canyon.
Full-Day Trips: 10 to 14 Hours
Fully immerse yourself in the wonders of the Southwestern desert with full-day trips from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon. These 10 to 14-hour excursions are perfect for the traveler who wants ample time to soak in the sights of some of the world's most mesmerizing landscapes.
All full-day trips from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon include complimentary hotel pick-up, professional drivers and tour guides, and a light lunch. Bus tours from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon South or West Rim board a state-of-the-art motorcoach complete with multiple televisions, windows for sightseeing, an onboard restroom, air conditioning, and personal climate control. For the adventurous soul, get off the beaten path and explore the mesmerizing Antelope Canyon or embark on a thrilling whitewater rafting adventure through the Colorado River.
These world-class day tours set out to explore four destinations from Las Vegas:
- Grand Canyon West Rim: Climb aboard our state-of-the-art motorcoach for an incomparable sightseeing extravaganza. Full-day tours to Grand Canyon West Rim include stunning views of the Mojave Desert and 900-year-old Joshua Tree Forest, photo opportunities at the historic Hoover Dam, and stops at the most famous West Rim lookouts. Upgrade your immersive experiences with a 3-in-1 adventure. Walk along the world-famous glass Skywalk at Grand Canyon, take a helicopter flight from the West Rim all the way down to its floor, and board a pontoon boat to cruise along the Colorado River.
- Grand Canyon National Park: Board a luxury motorcoach any day of the week to see the most breathtaking views the Grand Canyon South & North Rims have to offer. These daylong excursions includes stunning sights of the Mojave Desert, a chance to stretch your legs in Kingman, Arizona and a cruise along historic Route 66, all before you reach the Grand Canyon! For some added excitement, upgrade your bus tour to include one of the other exciting South Rim activities:
- Embark on a helicopter flight over the deepest and widest parts of the canyon at Dragon Corridor in a state-of-the-art sightseeing helicopter.
- Hop on a luxury Hummer to explore some of the most popular lookout points by ground. Stops may include Duck on a Rock, Yavapai Point, and Moran Point.
- Antelope Canyon: Discover the mystical sandstone walls deep within the famous Antelope Canyon. Aboard this thrilling airplane day tour, you'll soar over Lake Mead, Hoover Dam, and Glen Canyon before reaching the Colorado River snaking through the canyon. Hike up to the scenic overlook of the Colorado River, Horseshoe Bend. After the breathtaking view, grab some lunch at a local restaurant before wandering into the depths of Antelope Canyon's rippling stone walls.
- Colorado River: Want to pair an exhilarating helicopter ride with an exciting day on the water? Papillon has you covered. We offer multiple daylong adventure tours from Las Vegas to the Colorado River. Get your adrenaline pumping on a thrilling 40-mile whitewater rafting adventure. On this tour, a certified guide will expertly navigate you through the class 4 to 7 rapids of the Colorado River. You'll explore hidden canyons, enjoy a picnic lunch, and hike up to the awe-inspiring Travertine Cavern Falls. Upon reaching the final destination of the Grand Canyon West Rim, a helicopter will swoop you up and ascend 4,000 feet to the canyon's rim. Interested in a more laid-back Colorado River excursion? Opt for a helicopter tour from Las Vegas to the West Rim. Upon arrival, your helicopter will descend 4,000 feet to the canyon floor. Enjoy a light breakfast on a private plateau of the Grand Canyon before soaring back to the Boulder City Terminal. From there, you'll hop on a shuttle to the base of the Hoover Dam and the Colorado River. Enjoy an 11-mile smooth water float trip through the Black Canyon aboard a motorized raft. Float, swim, relax, and enjoy the spectacular canyon views.
Multi-Day Tours to the Grand Canyon from Las Vegas
Elevate your Southwestern adventure with a 2-day/1-night excursion at Bar 10 Ranch in the Grand Canyon North. This multi-day extravaganza will begin with an airplane flight soaring over the Mojave Desert to the north canyon. Then embark on an off-roading trek through Lake Mead Recreation Area and Whitmore Canyon. From there, explore the remote canyons on a horseback trail ride and wrap up the day with an evening campfire dinner. After a night sleeping under the desert stars, enjoy breakfast and a morning of outdoor recreation before boarding your return flight home.
Multi-day tours from Las Vegas are sure to be invigorating experiences that you'll never forget.
Day Tours from Las Vegas FAQs
Las Vegas is surrounded by some of the most breathtaking landscapes and national landmarks in the country. A few of the most renowned outdoor destinations near Las Vegas include:
Papillon offers a number of incredible sightseeing tours from Las Vegas. Helicopter tours, airplane tours, bus tours, and adventure tours run daily from Las Vegas to the scenic destinations.
From the 10-minute helicopter tour over the Las Vegas Strip to the full-day rafting adventure across the Colorado River. Papillon offers day trips for every budget, timeline, and personal preference. A few of the most popular day tours include:
- Grand Canyon National Park Helicopter Tour
- Skywalk at the Grand Canyon West Rim
- Guided Bus Tour of the Hoover Dam
- ATV Ride Through Eldorado Canyon
- Horseback Riding & Hiking at Bar 10 Ranch
- Whitewater Rafting the Colorado River
Most tours and flights have many departures ranging from early morning to late afternoon and evening.
On the hunt for the best things to do in Las Vegas? Papillon's helicopter, bus, airplane, and adventure tours are the perfect way to experience the numerous Southwestern destinations surrounding Sin City. Discover the world-renowned Grand Canyon National Park, take a day trip to the Grand Canyon West Rim, or board a helicopter for a flight over Sin City.
Learn more about all of Papillon's world-class Las Vegas sightseeing tours today.