Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Trip Guide
Las Vegas is world-famous for its nightclubs, pools, bars, and gambling – but what if you’re looking to get away from the Strip, even just for a day? Day tours to the Grand Canyon depart daily and are a perfect opportunity to get away from the bustling casinos and experience a once-in-a-lifetime adventure!
Many visitors to Las Vegas may not be aware of the proximity of the Grand Canyon to the Strip. The distance from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon West is just a little over an hour via helicopter, and the Grand Canyon National Park is just about two hours away via touring airplane.
How to Get from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon
Papillon offers daily Grand Canyon tours from Las Vegas. Whether you want to visit the West Rim, South Rim, or North Rim, Papillon can take you on a sightseeing excursion like none other! Our broad range of tour offerings include landing at the very bottom of the canyon floor, full day trips with plenty of time to explore, entry to the Skywalk Bridge, pontoon boat rides on the Colorado River, and more!
Take your Las Vegas vacation to new heights with a day trip to the Grand Canyon!
Helicopter Tours from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon
As if the Grand Canyon isn’t impressive enough, you can see it from the sky on a helicopter tour! We offer several Grand Canyon helicopter tours from Las Vegas, so you can capture incredible aerial photos and memories for life.
- Grand Celebration - Land on the bottom of the canyon floor right next to the Colorado River! This tour from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon West includes aerial sights of Hoover Dam and the desert landscape. You can even upgrade to add a flight over the Vegas Strip!
- Grand Canyon Skywalk Getaway with Heli and Boat Tour - This all-encompassing West Rim experience includes a helicopter landing on the canyon floor, where a pontoon boat will be waiting to take you on a smooth float along the Colorado River between the canyon walls. You’ll also receive entry onto the world-famous Skywalk Bridge.
Take to the Sky on a Papillon Grand Canyon Airplane Tour
Papillon also offers Grand Canyon tours aboard a sightseeing airplane that depart from Las Vegas – perfect for larger groups or families! Your aircraft is designed for aerial viewing with comfortable seating, climate control, oversized windows for photography, and headset narration available in multiple languages.
- Highlights Over Grand Canyon Air Tour - This peaceful airplane tour takes off from Las Vegas and flies across the Mojave Desert en route to the West Rim. Once there, your airplane will fly over all of the most impressive rock formations and the Colorado River before your return to Vegas.
- Grand Canyon Air Tour Deluxe with Hummer - Discover aerial sights of the Grand Canyon aboard a sightseeing airplane, including views of Hoover Dam, the Colorado River, and the Grand Canyon National Park. After landing, you’ll board an open-air Hummer touring vehicle for a ground tour to several of the most scenic lookout points with time for photos and exploring.
- Grand Voyager Rim to River - Fly to the Grand Canyon West aboard a state-of-the-art touring airplane, with sights of Hoover Dam and the desert scenery below. Upon landing, you’ll then board a helicopter for a flight to the very bottom of the canyon. A pontoon boat will be waiting for your smooth water trip down the Colorado River between the massive canyon walls.
Browse all Grand Canyon airplane tours from Las Vegas.
Book With Papillon Today!
Papillon offers exciting air tours to the Grand Canyon from Las Vegas to both the South Rim and the West Rim. Many tours also include upgrade options, like making your aircraft private, additional adventures at the canyon, and more. We take pride in providing superior Grand Canyon air tours to passengers from around the world.
Locally Owned & Operated
Since our beginning in 1965, Papillon has given curious adventurers the opportunity to experience the Grand Canyon from the sky. We are the oldest and longest running air tour company in the world, and proudly family-owned since our first day in operations. Our Grand Canyon tours depart daily from our terminals in Las Vegas, at the Grand Canyon South Rim, and the West Rim.
600,000+ Passengers Every Year
We have the honor of flying over 600,000 passengers from around the world to the Grand Canyon each year. From helicopter tours, airplane tours, Hummer excursions, rafting adventures, and more – our mission is to give you a once-in-a-lifetime experience at the Grand Canyon.