How Far is Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon?
While in Las Vegas, take the opportunity to visit one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World: the Grand Canyon. This world-renowned canyon is just a hop and a skip away from Sin City.
Distance from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon
The Grand Canyon has three diverse rims that are available for touring. The West Rim, the South Rim, and the North Rim. The distance from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon depends entirely on which rim of the canyon you are wanting to reach.
- The West Rim is the closest rim to Las Vegas. It is located about 130 miles from the heart of Las Vegas. On average, the drive takes approximately two and a half hours.
- Both the North Rim and South Rim (the two rims of Grand Canyon National Park) are located over 270 miles from the Las Vegas Strip. On average, both drives take approximately four and a half hours.
Why drive when you can be whisked away on a world-class tour of the Grand Canyon? Papillon offers daily helicopter tours, bus tours, airplane tours, and Grand Canyon from Las Vegas tours.
Discover just a few of the once-in-a-lifetime excursions offered on Papillon Grand Canyon tours.
- Soar over the world-renowned landscapes of the Grand Canyon on an exhilarating airplane or helicopter tour.
- Enjoy a champagne and light picnic on a private plateau 4,000 feet below the Grand Canyon's rim at sunset
- Float between the enormous walls of the Grand Canyon on a pontoon boat cruise of the Colorado River
- Sit back and relax as your Las Vegas bus tour cruises past the Mojave Desert, Joshua Tree Forests, the Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, and the Colorado River en route to the Grand Canyon.
- Get your adrenaline pumping as you navigate the rapids of the Colorado River on a whitewater rafting adventure to the Grand Canyon.
Discover more about Las Vegas trips to the Grand Canyon.
Grand Canyon from Las Vegas by Car
Driving Directions to the Grand Canyon West Rim
Follow these step-by-step instructions to learn how to get to the West Rim of the Grand Canyon from Las Vegas by car.
Driving Directions to the Grand Canyon South Rim
Follow these step-by-step instructions to drive from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon South Rim.
Which part of the Grand Canyon is closest to Las Vegas?
How long does it take to get to the Grand Canyon from Las Vegas?
The distance from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon depends entirely on which rim of the canyon you are wanting to reach.
- West Rim: Approximately 130 miles or two and a half hours driving
- South Rim: Approximately 280 miles or four and a half hours driving
- North Rim: Approximately 270 miles or four and a half hours driving
Is the Grand Canyon a day trip from Las Vegas?
Absolutely! Each of the Grand Canyon rims are within a few hours from Las Vegas.
Even better, Papillon offers daily helicopter, airplane, bus, and adventure tours of the Grand Canyon.